reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Information

What's the future of RVS? Please check this post and vote!
  • Forum
  •  » News
  •  » Apple Finally Gets Its Game On
Topic rating: 0

#1 1/10/09 11:37 PM

Dwijesh Sheth's Default Avatar
Dwijesh Sheth China (PRC)
Website

http://images.theglobeandmail.com/archives/RTGAM/images/20090109/WBwgtgameblog030120090109102345/iphone.jpg"I purchased my first iPod over the holidays. Why did it take so long for me to join the cult of Apple? Not because I have anything against Steve Jobs, his company, or its products. I've just never really needed one. From cell phones to my PlayStation Portable to other dedicated media players that have been gifted to me over the years, I've always had lots of devices capable of playing music and video on the go. The only reason I picked one up now is because, by many accounts, the iPod Touch (along with its sibling, the iPhone) is about to become one of the biggest competitors in portable gaming. Hundreds of titles have already been released through the App Store, and unlike the low-fidelity fare normally found on music players and cell phones, many of these games feature high production values and surprisingly innovative play. What's more, they're dirt cheap. Most are priced between $1 and $5, and plenty are available for free. I haven't seen anything more expensive than $10. Compare those prices with the $20 to $50 games available for the Nintendo DS and the PlayStation Portable and it seems to me that Sony and Nintendo have reason to be alarmed. "

The Globe and Mail

1/10/09 11:37 PM

Advertisement Bot

• Forum
  •  » News
  •  » Apple Finally Gets Its Game On

Board footer

Optimized for 1280x1024 @ 32 bit
Fueled by FluxBB
Top 20 Posts
Who's Online
Index Map