reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Information

What's the future of RVS? Please check this post and vote!
  • Forum
  •  » Minecraft
  •  » Server Details, Rules, and Status Discussion
Topic rating: 18

#646 1/27/13 8:39 PM

sdm United States
Staff
Note: Border Zoned

Website

PP is correct - back off of the VIPs, guys. It's only $3 to get on the list. They help pay for the sever.

1/27/13 8:39 PM

Advertisement Bot

#647 1/27/13 10:17 PM

IrashiHeart77 United States

I am a broke man but when I get that summer job, what ever I have left after buying NASA's computer I will spend repaying ReviewStash for the (almost) entire year that I have been with you guys. Not that it is possible to play back all the good times, and new friends but something is better then nothing, correct?

-Cha' Boy RashE.

#648 1/28/13 4:53 AM

izaya13 United States
Note: Big Cheese
ThePistolPete wrote:

Kid2277 wrote:

ThePistolPete wrote:

Im not trying to be mean, but it is the truth!

every couple minutes someone goes on the DynMap and says "Umm, can a VIP relog?"
I dont think we should increase the player limit, this should influence people to donate!
Like c'mon! It is only $3!

VIP's should not have to take time to relog just so someone can join. If it is full, it's full.

Call me a jerk all you want it really does not matter to mean, i have already been called one today tongue

The whole point of being a VIP is to use the reserved slots - so if you're taking up a regular slot then why are you even paying for VIP?

It is part of the server! No matter what I am taking up a regular slot. The only advantage to a VIP slot is joining whenever they want. For example, The Server is full 15/15 and I join making it 16/15 and then someone leaves causing it to be 15/15. I will be taking up a regular spot regardless. VIPs were not made so people can ask them to relog so they can join in. If so, then this is pointless! VIPs are people who can join whenever they want, regardless of the player count. Part of the VIP's shouldn't be "If a player on the dynmap wants on, a VIP must relog so they can get in". If a player wants in soooo bad, then donate! It isnt so hard! If you disagree with me, then so be it. I am just sick and tired of having to relog because poor little Jimmy wants to work on his house!

I understand what your saying but its to the point I cant even get on to record. Im done from my break and I cant get on unless I up at 5am

http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJzzrEqsTDQ0tlIIyUhVcC9KTSxR8MvMy0rkAvH9EotKS_IV3BLzkvIruTIhSrmcMotKMhT80xQcFTxSi_K5fPNLSxIz8_JLi7mMTE3h2BAAXFAcIg~~.png

#649 1/28/13 5:47 AM

nerfteen United States

I agree with izaya13, I spent so much time trying to log in last night I fell asleep at my desk and had a dream about it.

http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJzLSy1KK0lNzePSCs5Mz0ssKS1KVUjPTy1WyEgtStXiyoNJ-2bmpSYXJaaVIFgKrolFJRlcRqamcGwIAGtwGeI~.png

#650 1/28/13 9:06 AM

ThePistolPete United States
Award: Contributor Diamond 1
Note: I think it was sam
Ok then I guess SDM should add "VIPs must log off for the nondonators if they want in because you are taking up a spot you have paid for"

So SDM, do eet

Last edited by ThePistolPete (1/28/13 9:17 AM)

#651 1/28/13 9:08 AM

Server's Default Avatar
Server
Staff
Note: 74 61 63 6f
Absolutely not.

test

#652 1/28/13 9:16 AM

The people have spoken their opinions and I am definitely on the opposite side of this argument so back to taking my break... and chemistry class tongue

#653 1/28/13 10:41 AM

Jockslap

unfortunely the will of the people cannot overturn the logic in the VIP system. It sucks for those who can't get on while the server is full, but "reserved" and "extra" do not mean the same thing. If the plan was to always be over 15/15 Daniel would simply raise the player limit. If more of you donate, we may just be able to raise the player limit in the near future. Pete you are on the RIGHT side of this issue, the side that makes sense smile

http://i50.tinypic.com/23ro27l.png http://minecraft-server-list.com/server/logo/19056.png

#654 1/28/13 10:43 AM

Sechewon Canada
ThePistolPete wrote:

Ok then I guess SDM should add "VIPs must log off for the nondonators if they want in because you are taking up a spot you have paid for"

So SDM, do eet

Maybe it should be a rule for VIP's, to not logoff to let people in tongue

It's a gray area, I've done it twice thus far and never got a thanks or anything so maybe I will simply ignore it next time...

Did you remember to vote today?
http://minecraft-server-list.com/server/logo/19056.png

#655 1/28/13 11:02 AM

Jockslap wrote:

unfortunely the will of the people cannot overturn the logic in the VIP system. It sucks for those who can't get on while the server is full, but "reserved" and "extra" do not mean the same thing. If the plan was to always be over 15/15 Daniel would simply raise the player limit. If more of you donate, we may just be able to raise the player limit in the near future. Pete you are on the RIGHT side of this issue, the side that makes sense smile

<3

#656 1/28/13 11:04 AM

Sechewon wrote:

ThePistolPete wrote:

So SDM, do eet

Maybe it should be a rule for VIP's, to not logoff to let people in tongue

It's a gray area, I've done it twice thus far and never got a thanks or anything so maybe I will simply ignore it next time...

Yea I started to do that but then more and more people would go on the dynmap and say "hey d00d I nedz 2 wrk on me house, let me on" and I just got frustrated. So I decided to take a break from the server and do other things

#657 1/28/13 2:55 PM

Seems like it is donators vs. DGK. My views are that no, the VIP's shouldn't have to log off, and they completely have the right to say no. BUT, I think that us high schoolers and College students that simply either can't afford it or won't donate should have the right to ask nicely on the Dynmap. Realistically how hard is it to relog? It doesn't take much time at all and when I get VIP status I will ofc relog for all teh noobs. Anywho I am gonna let you all duke it out noaw. K Thx Bai.

-Cha' Boy RashE.

#658 1/28/13 2:56 PM

sdm United States
Staff
Note: Border Zoned

Website

I'm a college student

tongue

$3

#659 1/28/13 3:07 PM

True SDM. My parents never seem to have three dollars they are willing to give me. Don't worry. You will get donated 2 as soon as summer comes along. I ain't gonna be and jerk and only pay the bare minimum to get VIP.

-Cha' Boy RashE.

#660 1/28/13 3:39 PM

Innermosttie375 United States
Note: Awesomeness

I really want to donate a bit, as I now have a job, but the problem is I dont have a bank account, I just get paid cash munny tongue. And if i ask to use my father's banks account he will flip out and change his password.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBSuwW945OB-_OS3-kWjpX2CchGPf1OHX3CyjdL9-ncwFSBLqH

• Forum
  •  » Minecraft
  •  » Server Details, Rules, and Status Discussion

Board footer

Optimized for 1280x1024 @ 32 bit
Fueled by FluxBB
Top 20 Posts
Who's Online
Index Map
About Us