reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Guest Information

Reviewstash isn't just another technology review website - it's your review website! Registered members can submit reviews to be featured on the home page, participate in contests, and ask questions in the forums - register today to get started! Registration also removes interstitial ads.
Topic rating: 2

#1 11/19/11 3:33 PM

ronskian United States
I thought I'd post up a to-do/wishlist of things that need to be done for people looking for another project to tackle.

-torch the cliffs
-make a path up the cliffs
-build roads (out of cobble) to the other towns

-maintain the farm so that we all have food
-build up the fence surrounding the farm so that spiders don't get in

feel free to reply to the post with anything else you guys would like to see

Server is lookin' great so far! smile

Uploaded Images

Last edited by ronskian (11/27/11 1:10 AM)

Did you remember to vote today?

http://minecraft-server-list.com/server/19056/

11/19/11 3:33 PM

Advertisement Bot

#2 11/19/11 5:52 PM

Guzzie United States
Award: Contributor Diamond 1
So I did a bit of work on a path up the cliff, it's not quite all the way to the top, but its nearly there. I also expanded the farm (I planned on having pumpkins on the very end plots and maybe watermelons on the other once we find seeds). I also added a pen for animals. It's important that we find a couple of pigs/cows/chickens to breed also. I don't think they re-spawn...

Friendlier neighborhood OP, ask me if you need help on anything.

Have you completed the Great Challenge?

#3 11/19/11 6:03 PM

ronskian United States
Guzzie wrote:

So I did a bit of work on a path up the cliff, it's not quite all the way to the top, but its nearly there. I also expanded the farm (I planned on having pumpkins on the very end plots and maybe watermelons on the other once we find seeds). I also added a pen for animals. It's important that we find a couple of pigs/cows/chickens to breed also. I don't think they re-spawn...

Just checked it out. Nice work!

Did you remember to vote today?

http://minecraft-server-list.com/server/19056/

#4 11/19/11 8:38 PM

Cerebz United Kingdom
Things that can be farmed now:
Mushrooms, Trees, Pigs - Cows - Chicken - Sheep, Wheat, Melons, Pumpkins, Cactii, Sugar Cane.
Perhaps an area for each? Could have a fully sized farm with that many things that are renewable...

#5 11/19/11 9:01 PM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator
Note: Time consumed by school.

More details...
Things that can be farmed by button press or fully automatically: Mushrooms, all mobs (except probably endermen), melons, pumpkins, cacti, sugar cane.
Things that require "refreshing": Trees, Wheat, grass, flowers
Things that require constant input: Cobble, Trees, fish, snowballs, leaves, vines, obsidian, XP
Stuff that requires huge amounts of fidgeting: Discs (yes, I did this at one point. Then an update fixed a glitch I was dependent on. Haven't yet tried it with pistons)

Definitely seems doable. I think focusing on just non-renewable resources first would be better, to speed up future processes.

Also, shame the godly piston dupe bug has finally died off. Now we must destroy our beautiful beaches. sad

I will also spend about a week on the server just trying to get silk touch, then mining huge amounts of stuff like ores, snow coverings, etc. (Which doesn't at all sound like I am trying to make traps. XD)

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
-Robert J. Hanlon

#6 11/19/11 10:31 PM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator

Ok, this game got too hard... Died from losing too much hunger, mobs attacking me through the floor, and swarms of creepers. I am now restarting, breaking my bed, and spawning at the new spawn point.
sad I miss the old server, where I actually had resources. And where it didn't constantly rain.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
-Robert J. Hanlon

#7 11/19/11 10:41 PM

Cerebz United Kingdom
COWS LOCATION:
(For the farm)
X = 391
Z = -2

#8 11/19/11 11:12 PM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator

Thank you kind people for providing resources.

If anyone finds a snowy mountain on top of a mineshaft, I would like it. I could always hand build the mountain, but I would like not to. Or if the corresponding nether side had a blaze spawener, but that would be harder to check.

-Robert J. Hanlon

#9 11/20/11 1:55 AM

Hawkdude12 United Kingdom
Veteran
Note: Will be back in 1 to 1000 days

Im starting a small village in a mountain enclosement if anyone wants to join sad. FOund an abandoned mine with a cave spider spawner. Got a lava fall and a swamp biome on the horizons too.

Bored.

#10 11/21/11 9:49 PM

Guzzie United States
Award: Contributor Diamond 1
I updated and expanded the farm with a different layout. I found some cows and needed to make room. Thus inspired moving the animals around. I built a chicken coop that should prevent chickens from getting out (they are the hardest to get to follow i swear).
Also the path to the top of the mountain is done. I built a small lookout tower from the top overlooking the spawn area. I also built a nether portal on the inside of the mountain--you'll see the path to the entrance on your way up to the top.

Guess I should also mention that there i made a pathway (safe one) through the nether to another settlement where 9Gummy lives along with a few others.

Uploaded Images

Last edited by Guzzie (11/21/11 9:57 PM)

Friendlier neighborhood OP, ask me if you need help on anything.

Have you completed the Great Challenge?

#11 11/21/11 11:40 PM

Daniel Levy United States
Staff
Note: UTF Spokesman

Website

Looks good; I like the yellow sheep. smile

Board footer

Optimized for 1280x1024 @ 32 bit
Fueled by FluxBB
Top 20 Posts
Who's Online