reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Guest Information

Reviewstash isn't just another technology review website - it's your review website! Registered members can submit reviews to be featured on the home page, participate in contests, and ask questions in the forums - register today to get started! Registration also removes interstitial ads.
Topic rating: 2

#1 2/12/12 1:00 PM

Gabrielman's Default Avatar
Gabrielman
Secret OP
Award: Contributor Diamond 2
Gender: male
Registered: 11/20/11
Posts: 514
Karma: 10
Note: Gabe-y Claws
Reputation :   25 

Website

That's right, Mosscow has a currency system. Gold nuggets (nugs on signs for spaces sake). Which means if you want to shop and trade in Mosscow, Gold now has a use. Not that you have to use it, some people will trade items as well, or reward you for tasks. But, it is our official currency system now. This means a gold bar is worth nine gold nuggets, and a gold block worth 81, so gold block=efficiently storing your nuggets. I currently own a shop with Hobo that sells Potions, and weapons and armor, and enchanting services. (so if you need your pick enchanted, come see us) and we work in gold. The prices are posted in the shop, except for what it will cost to make a an enchantment. That comes down to the individual. We don't always have the levels for it either, but you might also lack them when we have them, so we can see enchanting services.   

I will buy supplies for myself, and the shop, for gold nuggets, if you are selling that is. My hope with this is to establish a currency system that works out well. If we can get that, maybe we can keep a town running as well. Instead of leaving when resources are gone, you can pay others to bring you some, or pay them to go out on expeditions for them, and you can buy and sell with a known currency for the server. Even if that doesn't work out, I am still going to deal in gold nuggets. I like the idea of it, and it is Mosscows currency.

 
 
 

2/12/12 1:00 PM

Advertisement Bot


#2 2/12/12 1:05 PM

Kurathedog's Avatar
Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator
Gender: male
From: California
Registered: 11/13/11
Posts: 1188
Karma: 15
Note: Time consumed by school.
Reputation :   20 

Gabrielman wrote:

That's right, Mosscow has a currency system. Gold nuggets (nugs on signs for spaces sake). Which means if you want to shop and trade in Mosscow, Gold now has a use. Not that you have to use it, some people will trade items as well, or reward you for tasks. But, it is our official currency system now. This means a gold bar is worth nine gold nuggets, and a gold block worth 81, so gold block=efficiently storing your nuggets. I currently own a shop with Hobo that sells Potions, and weapons and armor, and enchanting services. (so if you need your pick enchanted, come see us) and we work in gold. The prices are posted in the shop, except for what it will cost to make a an enchantment. That comes down to the individual. We don't always have the levels for it either, but you might also lack them when we have them, so we can see enchanting services.   

I will buy supplies for myself, and the shop, for gold nuggets, if you are selling that is. My hope with this is to establish a currency system that works out well. If we can get that, maybe we can keep a town running as well. Instead of leaving when resources are gone, you can pay others to bring you some, or pay them to go out on expeditions for them, and you can buy and sell with a known currency for the server. Even if that doesn't work out, I am still going to deal in gold nuggets. I like the idea of it, and it is Mosscows currency.

...

Ok, I guess I now have motivation for my fully automatic gold farm. big_smile


Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
-Robert J. Hanlon

_________________________________
 
 
 

#3 2/12/12 1:07 PM

Hawkdude12's Avatar
Hawkdude12 United Kingdom
Veteran
Gender: male
From: Beyond Time and Space
Registered: 11/13/11
Posts: 1818
Karma: -8
Note: Will be back in 1 to 1000 days
Reputation :   35 

Pigmen Kura?


Bored.
 
 
 

#4 2/12/12 1:21 PM

cosyn's Avatar
cosyn United States
Buried Alive
Gender: male
Registered: 1/22/12
Posts: 146
Karma: 2
Reputation :   

Gabriel, I'll sell tons of netherwart to you. I also have over 30 gold blocks, so does that make me rich? big_smile

 
 
 

#5 2/12/12 1:21 PM

Gabrielman's Default Avatar
Gabrielman
Secret OP
Award: Contributor Diamond 2
Gender: male
Registered: 11/20/11
Posts: 514
Karma: 10
Note: Gabe-y Claws
Reputation :   25 

Website

Wait.... wouldn't that devalue the currency and send us into debt...... just like America.... lol! JK, couldn't help myself!

 
 
 

#6 2/12/12 1:23 PM

Gabrielman's Default Avatar
Gabrielman
Secret OP
Award: Contributor Diamond 2
Gender: male
Registered: 11/20/11
Posts: 514
Karma: 10
Note: Gabe-y Claws
Reputation :   25 

Website

cosyn wrote:

Gabriel, I'll sell tons of netherwart to you. I also have over 30 gold blocks, so does that make me rich? big_smile

Yes, that would make you rich, lol! Well I have nether wart for now, but I will take you up on that offer when I need it!

Off to work now!

 
 
 

#7 2/12/12 1:30 PM

Kurathedog's Avatar
Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator
Gender: male
From: California
Registered: 11/13/11
Posts: 1188
Karma: 15
Note: Time consumed by school.
Reputation :   20 

Hmmm...
Well, I had something like 3 rows of  blaze rods and 3 rows of nether wart, both of which are now gone. It was the public blaze farm, but rather suprised someone needed that many of both
Netherwart only grows in the nether, btw
Already have something like 2 stacks of gold blocks, just from working in the nether so much.
Maybe I can sell my ghast tears. Those should be worth plenty.
As I mention a lot, my most valued resource is time, because i have so little of it now. I might just go distribute diamonds all over the place, for fun. I have plenty of those.

And what is wrong with devaluing the currency? Clever investing could make me even more rich then. big_smile
Capitalism ftw!
I would suggest something non-renewable though.


Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
-Robert J. Hanlon

_________________________________
 
 
 

#8 2/12/12 3:44 PM

Hawkdude12's Avatar
Hawkdude12 United Kingdom
Veteran
Gender: male
From: Beyond Time and Space
Registered: 11/13/11
Posts: 1818
Karma: -8
Note: Will be back in 1 to 1000 days
Reputation :   35 

Gabe I would recommend not purchasing netherwart. Go to the spawn portal, and go backwards to find the netherwart farm.

Last edited by Hawkdude12 (2/13/12 12:51 AM)


Bored.
 
 
 

#9 2/12/12 10:18 PM

Gabrielman's Default Avatar
Gabrielman
Secret OP
Award: Contributor Diamond 2
Gender: male
Registered: 11/20/11
Posts: 514
Karma: 10
Note: Gabe-y Claws
Reputation :   25 

Website

Kurathedog wrote:

Hmmm...
Well, I had something like 3 rows of  blaze rods and 3 rows of nether wart, both of which are now gone. It was the public blaze farm, but rather suprised someone needed that many of both
Netherwart only grows in the nether, btw
Already have something like 2 stacks of gold blocks, just from working in the nether so much.
Maybe I can sell my ghast tears. Those should be worth plenty.
As I mention a lot, my most valued resource is time, because i have so little of it now. I might just go distribute diamonds all over the place, for fun. I have plenty of those.

And what is wrong with devaluing the currency? Clever investing could make me even more rich then. big_smile
Capitalism ftw!
I would suggest something non-renewable though.

Well, if it wasn't for Notch making Zombie pigmen drop them, it wouldn't be renewable, there would be a lot of it. The idea isn't to make it next to impossible for someone to get them, but yet still have a bit of a challenge. So things like obsidian would be a bad idea.... though... that is renewable to a point, I guess. In theory, most anything is renewable.... if you know what you are doing wink like sand for instance... remember that? LOL Anyway, I chose gold because

1:It has no real purpose aside from powered tracks, clock, glistening melon, paper weight, decoration, and a way to break your pickaxe (sure you can make things like weapons, tools, and armor, but what is the point really?
2:You can condense nuggets into bars, bars into blocks, making storage really easy, as opposed to diamonds, iron, wood, etc, where you just have the resource, and it's block (and in the case of wood, you start with the bigger block hmm
3:Most importantly, it is shinny, and therefore valuable, lol!

However, if you have a good idea for a resource we can use as currency, then I would be more than happy to talk about it!

Capitalism.... in Mosscow?! mad How dare you!!!! LOL! Jk, Jk. Well, we aren't America, and we don't have stocks.... so..... devaluing it won't really help much, lol! Then again, it has what ever value you give it really. Of course I will have to raise my prices, but meh, whatever, lol!



Hawkdude12 wrote:

Gabe I would recommend not purchasing netherack. Go to the spawn portal, and go backwards to find the netherwart farm.

Well, I could do that, or I could just pay someone to do it for me. That is kind of the point. I mean, that creates jobs, I need something, someone has it, or can get it, and I buy it from them... you know, like a real economy... but, that doesn't mean I have not taken note of what you have said... and raided a farm for supplies... just saying, supply and demand, supply and demand.... lol

 
 
 

#10 2/13/12 12:56 AM

Hawkdude12's Avatar
Hawkdude12 United Kingdom
Veteran
Gender: male
From: Beyond Time and Space
Registered: 11/13/11
Posts: 1818
Karma: -8
Note: Will be back in 1 to 1000 days
Reputation :   35 

But surely this is capitalism! When we trade we are trying to make our selfs better, via self motivation, the trade does not concern the person and does not work towards the common good. Also (let's see you get out of this one) if I build a shop, do I own it or do you, being the government of mosscow? Also, isn't the point to eventually have no money, and everyone works for each other? Establishing the only economy on the server seems a bit bold.

Irrelavance: what's up with the minecarts in the nether? There's none. I guess I can put in about 12 more...

Last edited by Hawkdude12 (2/13/12 1:11 AM)


Bored.
 
 
 

#11 2/13/12 3:18 AM

azyraphal's Avatar
azyraphal France
Member
Gender: male
Registered: 1/25/12
Posts: 81
Karma: 2
Reputation :   

Already have something like 2 stacks of gold blocks, just from working in the nether so much.

What? you killed over 20000 zombie pigmen?

 
 
 

#12 2/13/12 6:57 AM

Kurathedog's Avatar
Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator
Gender: male
From: California
Registered: 11/13/11
Posts: 1188
Karma: 15
Note: Time consumed by school.
Reputation :   20 

Also from mining. But when i was the only one in the nether, I just went ahead and killed all nearby pigmen. Free food, so I wouldn't have to get more. But yeah, inflation. big_smile


Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
-Robert J. Hanlon

_________________________________
 
 
 

#13 2/13/12 10:50 AM

Gabrielman's Default Avatar
Gabrielman
Secret OP
Award: Contributor Diamond 2
Gender: male
Registered: 11/20/11
Posts: 514
Karma: 10
Note: Gabe-y Claws
Reputation :   25 

Website

Hawkdude12 wrote:

But surely this is capitalism! When we trade we are trying to make our selfs better, via self motivation, the trade does not concern the person and does not work towards the common good. Also (let's see you get out of this one) if I build a shop, do I own it or do you, being the government of mosscow? Also, isn't the point to eventually have no money, and everyone works for each other? Establishing the only economy on the server seems a bit bold.

Irrelavance: what's up with the minecarts in the nether? There's none. I guess I can put in about 12 more...

Well a final hope with this is to make a economy that makes people want to actually stay somewhere, and not up and leave all the time to start a new town for more resources, and, to have a bit of fun. (and I have no problem with Capitalism, just having some fun wink . ) In the end it is just for some fun, and it makes owning a shop worth while.... sort of! LOL! Still, mining, hunting, building, and all the sort are way more fun, but we decided to add a little economy to our town lol

 
 
 

Board footer

Optimized for 1280x1024 @ 32 bit
Fueled by FluxBB
Top 20 Posts
Who's Online
Index Map
About Us