reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Guest Information

Reviewstash isn't just another technology review website - it's your review website! Registered members can submit reviews to be featured on the home page, participate in contests, and ask questions in the forums - register today to get started! Registration also removes interstitial ads.
Topic rating: 1

#31 2/15/12 11:35 AM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator
Note: Time consumed by school.

Hawkdude12 wrote:

Lantern was a holdable light source, which would suck. Off topic, Is there a texture pack which can give you the letter of a note for a noteblock? It would help me,

Holdable light sources would be tricky to sync for SMP
Do you know how texture packs work? They change existing textures. Do note blocks have any indecaiton of their note? No. They don't. It is just one texture. You need a mod in order to do that. One that makes it so it does display it.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
-Robert J. Hanlon

2/15/12 11:35 AM

Advertisement Bot

#32 2/15/12 11:53 AM

Hawkdude12 United Kingdom
Veteran
Note: Will be back in 1 to 1000 days

Okay. Netherbrick needs a crafting recipe. I have been massacred by blazes and died again, with all the loot gone. Tis is about the third time. I will pay you in diamonds for netherbrick, I don't wanna lose it all again.

Bored.

#33 2/15/12 11:54 AM

Gabrielman's Default Avatar
Gabrielman
Secret OP
Award: Contributor Diamond 2
Note: Gabe-y Claws

Website

Hawkdude12 wrote:

Okay. Netherbrick needs a crafting recipe. I have been massacred by blazes and died again, with all the loot gone. Tis is about the third time. I will pay you in diamonds for netherbrick, I don't wanna lose it all again.

How many diamonds for how many brick? I feel up to an adventure.

And I am out of diamonds...

#34 2/15/12 11:59 AM

gotkaya United States

the dirt was a joke  *rollseyes*

#35 2/15/12 12:03 PM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator

I know. I was just saying how it was a bad example. I don't know that other people would know you were joking (Gummy comes to mind (Then again, I don't even know if he knows how to read full sentences.))
I just really like how nether brick looks. It is the best looking dark block, in my opinion.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
-Robert J. Hanlon

#36 2/15/12 12:12 PM

gotkaya United States

I use netherbrick all the time... believe me if anyone knows how easy it is to get it's me.  TBH, I'd rather mine is straight up then worrying about getting netherrack then cooking it using some other resource you had to farm up and crafting it just to get netherbrick.  There are pillars in the nether that are huge and solid netherbrick... seriously.

#37 2/15/12 12:14 PM

Schematix United States
Avenger
Note: The Elusive Derpsloth

HOLY CRAP, did you see the stats on the rare item drops for Skeletons, Zombies, and Zombie pigmen?! I'm going to go on a Pigman killing spree again!

Stats? What?

Why are grinders worse? Mobs still swim up water. Heck, why are spawners "better?" All you needed was a piston that pushed a block in front of glowstone on each wall. This is just one less piston. It is even more redstone, because you need four for the lamp.

You told me yourself that grinders won't work because mobs don't feel like moving once you are 32 blocks away, but spawners will work better cuz' you can slap mob's feet now.

Spiders not climbing sandstone/wool? Any reason behind this? Have you tried lighting up the area so spiders don't spawn? Or just including a small lip on your building? You can even just do a fence (or iron bars, or glass panes) every other block all around your house at one level.

I think the lip on my tower looks ugly. ;)

And making them out of netherrack (wtf is netherrock?)

Lol netherrack came from a misspell of netherrock. (I like to joke about that ocassionally...)

Other than that you made a good point Kura. I only play default as well. Why I joined a vanilla server to search for a default feel.

(Schematix feels like a complete retard, which he is...  ...resigns from posting for a while) :P

Edit: Are there such thing as Zombie Pigmen spawners? xD And do you think they will ever enable "Giants" again? Would be cool to have a rare mob for every mob, like super charged creepers and spider jockeys.

Last edited by Schematix (2/15/12 12:17 PM)

#38 2/15/12 12:52 PM

Veteran

The reason I'm hating at netherbrick right now is because I keep dying when trying to get it, Dont torch blaze spawners! Break 'em!

Bored.

#39 2/15/12 1:05 PM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator

Giants are extremely buggy, when they walk.
Stats are mostly done through testing. Don't know them. People mostly make mob grinders, wait for 1000, and slay em all at once. Don't know what he was talking about
You wanted solution to spiders, I gave you one. Here is another one, which doesn't include a lip
B
B
|
|
|
B
B is block. | is glass pane. Just make a window going all around your house. Spiders get stuck on the window when trying to climb up because the block acts like a lip.

For grinders, i thought you were talking about something else. The killing works for mobs, doesn't matter whether spawner or farm or natural. There are simple solutions to the mob freezing, which currently exists in 1.1 anyway.
Zombie pigmen spawn so much anyway. Dont' need them. They are so common. But yes, technically they exist, even if the are never generated. Heck, you can make minecart spawners. Those dont' work well though.
Right now Jeb seems to be making all the changes that people have been waiting for since forever. Villages being useful, renewable villagers, more block IDs, door fix, the lamps, better AI, larger worlds, etc. I much prefer this to "new content" updates like adventure update. More will probably be added over time. I want bug fixes first though.

-Robert J. Hanlon

#40 2/15/12 1:08 PM

gotkaya United States

don't break them.... somebody might want to use them.  If you're breaking spawners that somebody has  torched I see that as griefing.  sad

You dying is a totally separate issue and is unrelated to netherbrick.   I'd suggest not dying lol

#41 2/15/12 1:09 PM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator

gotkaya wrote:

I use netherbrick all the time... believe me if anyone knows how easy it is to get it's me.  TBH, I'd rather mine is straight up then worrying about getting netherrack then cooking it using some other resource you had to farm up and crafting it just to get netherbrick.  There are pillars in the nether that are huge and solid netherbrick... seriously.

I have hollowed out about 20 of the nether pillars I have seen, and lowered many floors. I am somewhat into preserving nature, which is why I liked the old sand duper a lot.
I have mentioned that I dislike mass mining. I would rather take advantage of the resources I already have gathered. I want multiple ways of getting it. If you want to mine it, go right ahead. If you have a double chest of coal, and another three of netherrack, just from mining out areas to build in, might as well do stuff with it. I just want another way to get it. We got lucky, and had a massive fortress complex around the spawn portal. That doesn't always happen. And SMP, multiple people collecting it. It runs out.

And yes. Death =/= rarity.
But spawners are valuable. Dont' break them. If you dont' know how to torch it, just surround it by an 9x9x4 of  blocks, about.

Last edited by Kurathedog (2/15/12 1:13 PM)

-Robert J. Hanlon

#42 2/15/12 1:35 PM

Veteran

The one I saw was torched, but it was still spawning them, do blaze spawners function differently?

Bored.

#43 2/15/12 1:41 PM

gotkaya United States

Hawkdude12 wrote:

The one I saw was torched, but it was still spawning them, do blaze spawners function differently?

yes,  http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Blaze

#44 2/15/12 1:59 PM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator

They spawn at light level 12 or less. Torches are light level 14. It decreases at one per block.
Very simple terms. You pretty much need to either block in the whole thing or cover it all in torches.
Also, try fire resist potions.

-Robert J. Hanlon

#45 2/15/12 2:11 PM

Veteran

I think fire res would help. I just have to enchant another 2 picks now, one I lost at sayva's the other to the blazes.

Oh and with lamps you can make a proper rave club dred.

Last edited by Hawkdude12 (2/15/12 2:50 PM)

Bored.

Board footer

Optimized for 1280x1024 @ 32 bit
Fueled by FluxBB
Top 20 Posts
Who's Online
Index Map
About Us