reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Information

What's the future of RVS? Please check this post and vote!
Topic rating: 0

Poll

100% Survival?

Yes
60% - 14
No
39% - 9

Total : 23

#1 7/06/12 10:55 AM

sdm United States
Staff
Note: Border Zoned

Website

I personally believe that creative mode is an important tool on a small Minecraft server.

Some players disagree - should we enforce a no creative mode policy?

7/06/12 10:55 AM

Advertisement Bot

#2 7/06/12 11:08 AM

sdm United States
Staff
Note: Border Zoned

Website

Note: this is a vote against public policy as well - a "yes" means no creative, EVER.

If you have suggestions / alternative compromises, please post.

#3 7/06/12 11:19 AM

Shandrew82's Default Avatar
Shandrew82 United States
Champion
Award: Contributor Diamond 3
Note: ✔️✔

Yes and no. Yes, because it would be nice to have it 100% survival, and no more complaints from anyone. And no, because it is very helpful (for ops) to quickly travel around in search of griefings. Usually when i log in i spend the first 10-15 mins just flying around looking for damaged buildings

http://i.imgur.com/4X8Bt5y.jpg

#4 7/06/12 11:28 AM

healthyspartan El Salvador

Idea: OPs may use it ONLY when they are needed to do "OP stuff" (like checking for greif, watching newbs, etc.), and NEVER for personal OR community projects.

No one else may use creative, PERIOD.

How does this sound? OPs can still be effective, but survival is the main aspect of the server.

Ένας Σπαρτιάτης δεν αποτυγχάνει ποτέ, πάντα νικάει.

#5 7/06/12 11:28 AM

nobodie United States
Award: Contributor Diamond 1
Note: My nipples look like Milk Duds

the server is posted as 100% vanilla on websites. then when you join, you have ops flying around giving stuff out or building in creative, kinda a big fat lie to all looking to join the server, i say no creative ever.

http://i.imgur.com/FrefBcV.jpg

#6 7/06/12 12:05 PM

Server's Default Avatar
Server
Staff
Note: 74 61 63 6f
My suggestion is that we revert back to how it used to be.

No donation creative.
No creative outside of public policy.
OPs may only use creative for public policy or patrolling.
No nonop may be granted creative, they may only be granted items for public policy or grief reimbursement

test

#7 7/06/12 12:17 PM

Lukeski14 United States
Veteran
Award: Contributor Diamond 2
Note: Has something clever to say

Website

Is there a way to grant fly mode to OPs?

#8 7/06/12 12:20 PM

Chime_
Silverfish
Note: redeemed, so crispy and clean
Shandrew82 wrote:

Yes and no. Yes, because it would be nice to have it 100% survival, and no more complaints from anyone. And no, because it is very helpful (for ops) to quickly travel around in search of griefings. Usually when i log in i spend the first 10-15 mins just flying around looking for damaged buildings

You are an OP, I think the standard for you is that you protect people and fix what is broken.

If we removed creative, it wouldn't take away from admin powers, that is just reckless, I think it would only make it so everything that is built by any member is legit.

EDIT:
Didn't see SDM's post..exactly what I am saying.

Last edited by Chime_ (7/06/12 12:21 PM)

#9 7/06/12 12:26 PM

Server's Default Avatar
Server
Staff
Note: 74 61 63 6f
Public policy needs to be amended to include events and initiatives.
And a blanket anti creative amendment should be added.

test

#10 7/06/12 12:35 PM

Shandrew82's Default Avatar
Shandrew82 United States
Champion
Award: Contributor Diamond 3
Note: ✔️✔

Yes, i do fully agree that there should be NO more creative for any non ops, period. its getting way more out of hand. i cant log in anymore without 10 pm's "creative me pl0x" (10 is an exaggeration, but you get my point wink )

http://i.imgur.com/4X8Bt5y.jpg

#11 7/06/12 1:35 PM

bross2811 Canada
Website

Yes creative but no body other then an op should ever get it.  Unless your under supervised donation creative. 

But if there was no creative i think some sort of mods would have to be put on to help the ops out like flying, tp's and what ever.

Great gorilla of Manilla!

#12 7/06/12 5:45 PM

healthyspartan El Salvador

We should just bar Deeteekaay from creative.

Ένας Σπαρτιάτης δεν αποτυγχάνει ποτέ, πάντα νικάει.

#13 7/06/12 5:56 PM

Qwip
Note: MIA
I am not for or against the removal of creative. I think it can be a valuable tool, especially in community projects. It saddens me that people often assume my personal projects are a product of creative mode, so maybe this says something to. I am very disappointed when people beg for creative to help and later find them spawning hundreds of chickens or music records everywhere. Even worse some of these folks sometimes disappear for long periods or log out unexpectedly.  This places a burden on the OP as they are responsible for whatever actions these individuals do when they finally come back. If creative is kept and used, I propose an enforcement of xSDMxs rule on the matter, found (oddly enough) in the server rules section. And because I havent figured out how to use the quote function I will just paste the relevant section.

"Also, for every $3 that you contribute, you will be granted an hour of "creative" mode. We will monitor you and ensure that you do not abuse this. If you log off or do not explain what you are doing, we reserve the right to delete your player data; this totally sucks and is lame, but using creative is incredibly special - this is a vanilla survival server, not a creative one. The purpose of this incentive is to help dedicated players build their pre-planned, dream structures. You need to use this privilege within reason; don't use it to spawn a bunch of items like a double chest of diamond blocks or hundreds of ghast eggs. Send an OP a PM if you are interested in creative mode!"

$$$$ aside this is a good rule.

#14 7/06/12 6:53 PM

Gordon09 United States
Note: Actually dredroy
I don't like the use of creative but I think it is needed at times such as now with the nether reset. many of us wouldn't be able to leave our current locations in like 2 weeks if we didn't have creative mode to quickly rebuild the nether. I would love to have an all surival nether hub i just think it would cause more harm than its worth to take the time to make it.

Im dredroy........

#15 7/06/12 7:19 PM

bross2811 Canada
Website

If people are being put into creative to help community builds only to abuse it. They should instantly be put on a list of players that are not allowed in creative unless under some specific condition. Also if the donate and there on the list they should be supervised at all times (not sure that might be how donaters creative works).

Maby this is a bit harsh but its what i would probably do.

Great gorilla of Manilla!

Board footer

Optimized for 1280x1024 @ 32 bit
Fueled by FluxBB
Top 20 Posts
Who's Online
Index Map
About Us