reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Information

What's the future of RVS? Please check this post and vote!
Topic rating: 0

#1 10/09/12 12:08 PM

parkjose
Tags: [whitelist]

IGN: parkjose

Question #1 - Integrity Check

"Try not to shred beaches for sand"

--Why did you choose this rule?--

It is from bitter personal experience from running a town on the sVanilla server madrealms.net:24000 as I have watched a pristine beach next to my home gradually disappear down to gravel and stone. Now it has become a major eyesore next to a thriving town which requires constant work to maintain.

--Is there ever a situation where an exception should be made to this rule? Please explain your answer.--

Perhaps if the beach was on land already developed where the intention was to, for example, divert a river to form a feature then, of course, I would find this acceptable.

--If you could add another rule to the server, what would it be? If none, why?--

I would add no relentless following of players if asked not to in-game. I have experiences of players tailing me for many minutes, constantly standing where I want to build and preventing me placing blocks. It can be really irritating.

Question #2 - Motivation Check

--Why are you interested in playing on a Vanilla SMP server?--

I have always enjoyed Minecraft as close to the single player experience as I can get. I presently play an sVanilla server and although it is pretty good at emulating the true vanilla experience it still does not match the unbounded creativity of the single player mode. Although I want to play with real people, offline does not cut it for me.

Question #3 - Dedication Check

--What do you feel is your greatest accomplishment in Minecraft? Why?--

I run a town called Cliffton on the sVanilla server madrealms.net:24000. It began as a two-person outpost with my friend and has slowly grown into the largest town on the server with around 28 regular players. I have had to undertake the role of rule-enforcer within the town to a certain extent but have managed to keep the place lively and, on the most part, grief free.

Question #4 - Comprehension Check

--How do you report suspicious server activity?--

You should alert the other members of the community by posting via the forums. This will allow the issue to be recorded as well as enabling the correct people to attend to it as soon as possible. You should report stealing / griefing incidents to the thread /viewtopic.php?pid=5143#p5143 (sorry for the incomplete url, a spambot filter prevented me from posting it)

Question #5 - Referral Check

I have nothing to declare here, I am brand new but would love to get to know people.

10/09/12 12:08 PM

Advertisement Bot

#2 10/12/12 3:01 PM

Shandrew82's Default Avatar
Shandrew82 United States
Champion
Award: Contributor Diamond 3
Note: ✔️✔

added!

http://i.imgur.com/4X8Bt5y.jpg

Board footer

Optimized for 1280x1024 @ 32 bit