reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Guest Information

Reviewstash isn't just another technology review website - it's your review website! Registered members can submit reviews to be featured on the home page, participate in contests, and ask questions in the forums - register today to get started! Registration also removes interstitial ads.
Topic rating: 10

#1 1/06/13 12:16 AM

imonaJet's Default Avatar
imonaJet
Good day members of the Super Duper Vanilla Survival Server! You can call me Jet and I am here today to apply for whitelisting to your server. So as per requirements on the instruction page, here is my application. big_smile

*EDITED as per simplyskyler's request*

Question #1 - Integrity Check - Minimum of Three Sentences:

"Help repair any damage you see within the world."

Why did you choose this rule?

I chose this rule because it shows that if players on a server follow this rule, it is proof that the server is a constructive community. It shows they have the capability and potential to do good and be responsible for the virtual world all of it's players live in. The people of the server share the same world and should therefore look out for one another. We wouldn't want our world to look bad. It is important that a server maintains a constructive community and not a destructive nor ignorant and irresponsible one.

Is there ever a situation where an exception should be made to this rule? Please explain your answer.

I believe some leniency should be allowed. For example, if you don't have dirt on you to fix creeper holes, the person who has seen the "damage in the world" should at least keep in mind to bring dirt with him next time.

If you could add another rule to the server, what would it be? If none, why?

I agree to the Example post on the Whitelist Instructions topic that states on how PVP Guidelines are not clearly established. I personally am against PVP, seeing as I am still looking for that "perfect" vanilla survival server with a simple, friendly, non-violent community with people who just enjoy collecting resources and building structures like Minecraft was meant to be.
- - - - - - -

Question #2 - Motivation Check - Three Sentences:

Why are you interested in playing on a Vanilla SMP server?

I've always enjoyed playing Minecraft Vanilla. I was never really a fan of modifications and such because I feel that the experience changes. That's not to say that modifications ruin the experience, but they alter it. I have nothing against modifications although I feel it makes the game too complicated, more than it already is. On that note I have only ever played Single Player Minecraft. The reason for that is I could never find a nice simple server. I am still on my quest looking for that nice simple server to which I could call my Minecraft home. Nothing too complicated and overcrowded, just a nice place to settle in, enjoy myself, not only alone, but now, with other people as well.

- - - - - - -

Question #3 - Dedication Check - Minimum of Three Sentences:

I'm not exactly "new" to Minecraft, I believe I somewhat have a grip on how things work which is why I choose to answer the question:

What do you feel is your greatest accomplishment in Minecraft? Why?

As a relatively new player, I have very simple joys and achievements but they make me feel I have accomplished very much. But I have to say one of my best achievements is a structure I have come up with which is a compact 2 layer farm. It involves a little redstone but nothing too impressive. I am proud of it because it is so simple to make and it becomes my reliable food source and farm, complete with automatic mob cooker. Haha I know it doesn't really sound like much but it is one of my more impressive works.

- - - - - - -

Question #4 - Comprehension Check - Minimum of One Sentence:

What is a Zaphod?

artichoke69

I would answer Question 5 but sadly I don't know anyone on the server... yet. XD Hopefully I will get to meet you guys soon and I hope you're that server I've been looking for big_smile

Last edited by imonaJet (1/07/13 2:39 AM)

1/06/13 12:16 AM

Advertisement Bot

#2 1/06/13 4:55 PM

simplyskyler
Award: Contributor Diamond 1
Note: officially blown up by SDM
As much as I really want to accept this, your chosen rule isn't really a rule. More a statement of SDM's on those who break rules. Rewrite #1 with an actual ruley-ish rule and I'll accept it in a heartbeat.

Did you remember to vote today?

http://minecraft-server-list.com/server/19056/

#3 1/07/13 2:40 AM

imonaJet
Thanks for the feedback simplyskyler. I for one am quite excited to be a part of the server, I really hope this is the server I've been looking for. On that note, I have done your request and have edited my answer to the first question. I hope it's as ruley-ish as needed. Haha big_smile

#4 1/07/13 7:56 AM

simplyskyler
Award: Contributor Diamond 1
Note: officially blown up by SDM
Alright, well done. Added.

Did you remember to vote today?

http://minecraft-server-list.com/server/19056/

#5 1/07/13 8:30 AM

imonaJet
Alright! See you soon skyler big_smile

Board footer