reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Information

What's the future of RVS? Please check this post and vote!
Topic rating: 0

#1 1/15/13 2:36 PM

mkwesterlund's Default Avatar
mkwesterlund United States
Question #1 - Integrity Check - Minimum of Three Sentences:

If you are not clearing an area, always try to re-plant things. Also, chop down the entire tree - floating trees are not acceptable.

Why did you choose this rule?

I'm a sucker for eye-candy and visual cohesiveness. Half-demolished structures and trees are an eye-sore that remove levels of immersion in an otherwise wonderful creative setting. This particular rule lends itself to keeping a clean, well-managed world that I would be happy to participate in.

I don't really feel an exception is needed for such a rule. It benefits any player to chop down or replant a tree if they come across one since they'll have more materials and the world will be a bit tidier. It reflects well on all members of the community to have whole trees.

Question #2 - Motivation Check - Minimum of Three Sentences:
Why are you interested in playing on a Vanilla SMP server?

I strive for simplicity in my design work and the elegance of the basic Minecraft system is highly appealing.
I try to find communities of creative individuals that work together to make things rather than play many of the mods and alternate rule-sets that have been created. I've been on relatively few higher population servers and Vanilla servers tend to have a smaller, closer community.

Question #3 - Dedication Check - Minimum of Three Sentences:
What do you feel is your greatest accomplishment in Minecraft? Why?

I've created replicas of sky-scrapers from downtown Minneapolis, MN as well as several of the ships from the MMO Eve Online. I enjoy pixel art and have created many small-time scenes with sprites lifted from other games or created myself. My favorite creation was a shuttle and hangar... if only it could actually fly.

Question #4 - Comprehension Check - Minimum of One Sentence:
What is a Zaphod? - I would respond with a whisper "artichoke69"

Last edited by mkwesterlund (1/15/13 2:40 PM)

1/15/13 2:36 PM

Advertisement Bot

#2 1/16/13 7:32 AM

simplyskyler
Award: Contributor Diamond 1
Note: officially blown up by SDM
I'm gonna deny this. I'm sorry, but we're really trying to crack down...not enough slots, too many applicants ya know? Anywho, you didn't answer the entirety of #1. I wouldn't be adverse to seeing a bit more length either.

Did you remember to vote today?

http://minecraft-server-list.com/server/19056/

Board footer

Optimized for 1280x1024 @ 32 bit
Fueled by FluxBB
Top 20 Posts
Who's Online
Index Map
About Us