reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Information

What's the future of RVS? Please check this post and vote!
Topic rating: 0

#1 1/26/13 11:40 PM

TheLittleLion's Default Avatar
TheLittleLion
Applicant IGN: TheLittleLion

Question #1 - Motivation Check

Why are you interested in playing on a Vanilla SMP server?

Ever since I began playing Minecraft I have always wanted to play on a server where I can interact with others because playing with by myself gets rather dull. I even tried mods to make my gameplay experience better and none of them did, rather they crashed my game. It quickly made me realize that Minecraft is good as is, no mods are needed but playing alone just isn't that much fun. That is why I think a Vanilla SMP server would be the best. I would be able to interact with people in an inviting environment free of griefers and harassment. With that I would get to do what I love, build insane structures through my hard work of collecting supplies. I've built in creative mode but it was never as rewarding.

Question #2 - Dedication Check

If you are a new player, what do you plan to do in Minecraft? Why?

Since I am a new player I would explore and learn all that I can about Minecraft. I have always had a fascination with redstone contraptions and I would absolutely adore getting to learn about them. I would be the most willing student to learn from more experienced players so I can became a better Minecrafter and community member. Once I become knowledgable enough on the inner workings of Minecraft and the server I hope I will be able to repay the people that helped me, and make any newcomers experience on the server as pleasant as mine (That is if you accept me.) While I am not doing that I will most likely be building a variety of things from redstone contraptions, to buildings and even pieces of art because its what makes Minecraft enjoyable for me. The caving adventures are always fun too, but I am a pro at getting lost.

Question #3 - Comprehension Check

How do you report suspicious server activity?

You would report suspicious server activity by replying to the reports thread on the forums.

Question #4 - Referral Check:
N/A

Here is the "model" application if it was the right one.
(Couldn't exactly follow what you wanted and I probably over thought it.
Both were saved in a word document so I simply copied and pasted them in here.)

Question #1 - Integrity Check

"Spam, absurd displays of immaturity, or inappropriate behavior should be reported; for minor offenses you may be kicked. Repeat offenses could result in a ban."

1) The reason I chose this rule.

This rule stood out to me the most because I absolutely can't stand immaturity or excessive spamming. I have friends that do live streams of themselves drawing and it gets so difficult to hold a conversation when someone is spamming the chat. The one thing that got on my nerves is when they were being immature to be funny. Got to the point I simply stopped talking because it wasn't worth it and that ruins the whole experience. The reason I want to join a server is to interact with people.

2) Is there ever a situation where an exception should be made to this rule? Please explain your answer.

There should be no exception to the rule. Why? You are interacting with other people, not some NPC and acting immature or spamming chat is quite rude. They should know to be respectful, that is common knowledge when interacting with people.

3) If you could add another rule to the server, what would it be? If none, why?

I can see no rule that needs to be added at the moment. From what I can tell all of them have been well thought out and are there for a specific reason. They could of adopted that rule from something they had gone through and simply experience. The rules are there to make the server inviting and an awesome place to play on.

Question #2 - Motivation Check

Why are you interested in playing on a Vanilla SMP server?

Ever since I began playing Minecraft I have always wanted to play on a server where I can interact with others because playing with by myself gets rather dull. I even tried mods to make my gameplay experience better and none of them did, rather they crashed my game. It quickly made me realize that Minecraft is good as is, no mods are needed but playing alone just isn't that much fun. That is why I think a Vanilla SMP server would be the best. I would be able to interact with people in an inviting environment free of griefers and harassment. With that I would get to do what I love, build insane structures through my hard work of collecting supplies. I've built in creative mode but it was never as rewarding.

Question #3 - Dedication Check

What do you feel is your greatest accomplishment in Minecraft? Why?

My greatest achievement in Minecraft to me was building my first house. I have been only playing Minecraft for at least a month, but I am still quite knowledgeable on it and its mechanics. Redstone is where I fall apart but I am also quite proud of my tree farm that I created to in need for wood to build my home. The only other achievement I am proud of is when my closest friend made a server for us and we built the Emerald City along with a massive spiraling staircase to the very top of the sky. These achievements were the first things I had ever truly built in Minecraft. I got to learn how to jump and places blocks, learn how stairs work, and I finally started doing something I had wanted to do for ages and that was to play Minecraft.

Question #4 - Comprehension Check

How do you report suspicious server activity?

You would report suspicious server activity by replying to the reports thread on the forums.

Question #5 - Referral Check
N/A

Thank you for your time,
TheLittleLion

Last edited by TheLittleLion (1/27/13 10:08 AM)

1/26/13 11:40 PM

Advertisement Bot

#2 1/28/13 8:13 AM

Jockslap
Award: Contributor Diamond 1

Solid application, welcome to the server TheLittleLion! Please do read the rules carefully before logging on for the first time.

http://i50.tinypic.com/23ro27l.png http://minecraft-server-list.com/server/logo/19056.png

#3 5/18/13 5:17 PM

sambond009 United States
Veteran
Award: Contributor Diamond 2
Note: CLAY COLLECTOR

Website

Whoa lion, your application is amazing. Mine was crap in comparison. And that was just 2 days short of a year earlier.

#4 5/18/13 7:32 PM

TheLittleLion's Default Avatar
TheLittleLion
sambond009 wrote:

Whoa lion, your application is amazing. Mine was crap in comparison. And that was just 2 days short of a year earlier.

It is? I don't even remember it to be honest.
But yeah, that is why I wanted to join.
And I haven't even been playing Minecraft that long lol

Last edited by TheLittleLion (5/18/13 7:39 PM)

Board footer

Optimized for 1280x1024 @ 32 bit
Fueled by FluxBB
Top 20 Posts
Who's Online
Index Map
About Us