reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Guest Information

Reviewstash isn't just another technology review website - it's your review website! Registered members can submit reviews to be featured on the home page, participate in contests, and ask questions in the forums - register today to get started! Registration also removes interstitial ads.
Topic rating: 0

#1 3/12/13 7:42 AM

ThePistolPete United States
Award: Contributor Diamond 1
Note: I think it was sam
As most of you know 1.5 is coming out tomorrow. But Since RS runs on Bukkit, the server would not update right away! We do not update until Bukkit comes out. I have no idea when the 1.5 Bukkit will come out so I would NOT update until we know when the server is updated. Last update people decided to update thinkin the server will update too. It obviously didnt and people were mad and made 50 posts asking why it isn't updated (I'm pretty sure this didnt make Daniel happy). If you decide to Derp up and download 1.5 (since I am a nice person tongue) here is the 1.4.7 download:

http://assets.minecraft.net/1_4_7/minecraft.jar

That should be a direct download. If it doesn't work then go here and download it. Make sure it's a Client not the server:
http://mojang.com/2012/12/minecraft-1-4-7-pre-release/

It's the pre-release but it should still work. I don't know when Bukkit will update but I do know that it won't be out the day of the update, like every other update.

EDIT: Do not post threads or post anything saying/asking "When will we update" or "Why aren't we updated"

Thanks

EDIT EDIT: HOW-TO: Enable the 1.4.7 executable jar file. First download the 1.4.7 executable jar file. Second, go to your start menu and type into the search bar:  %appdata%  .Third open the .minecraft folder and then open the bin folder. Inside the bin folder there will be a minecraft.jar. Delete that minecraft.jar and replace it with the one you just downloaded, the 1.4.7 executable jar file. Startup minecraft and when it says "Do you want to update" hit Not now or Later or something that means no tongue. Game should startup and in the bottom left corner of the Minecraft Menu it should say Minecraft 1.4.7 After that you are done! Gratz!

Last edited by ThePistolPete (3/14/13 10:19 PM)

3/12/13 7:42 AM

Advertisement Bot

#2 3/12/13 7:50 AM

sorairo
Award: Contributor Diamond 2
Note: Crazy Cat Lady

Website

ThePistolPete wrote:

As most of you know 1.5 is coming out tomorrow. But Since RS runs on Bukkit, the server would not update right away! We do not update until Bukkit comes out. I have no idea when the 1.5 Bukkit will come out so I would NOT update until we know when the server is updated. Last update people decided to update thinkin the server will update too. It obviously didnt and people were mad and made 50 posts asking why it isn't updated (I'm pretty sure this didnt make Daniel happy). If you decide to Derp up and download 1.5 (since I am a nice person tongue) here is the 1.4.7 download:

http://assets.minecraft.net/1_4_7/minecraft.jar

That should be a direct download. If it doesn't work then go here and download it. Make sure it's a Client not the server:
http://mojang.com/2012/12/minecraft-1-4-7-pre-release/

It's the pre-release but it should still work. I don't know when Bukkit will update but I do know that it won't be out the day of the update, like every other update.

EDIT: Do not post threads or post anything saying/asking "When will we update" or "Why aren't we updated"

Thanks

Or just make a backup of your existing jar in case you decide to update for play on other servers that do update immediately. big_smile

#3 3/12/13 8:47 AM

Lukeski14 United States
Veteran
Note: Has something clever to say

Website

Try MultiMC!

#4 3/12/13 11:35 AM

Jockslap

good thread pete, I feel like every update could have used a disclaimer like this smile

http://i50.tinypic.com/23ro27l.png http://minecraft-server-list.com/server/logo/19056.png

#5 3/12/13 1:57 PM

sambond009 United States
Veteran
Note: CLAY COLLECTOR

Website

Yeah, good thinking. Gets annoying when people come on the dynmap being like:
"UH I can't join!, why aren't we updated? How do I downgrade?"
This happens so much, every single update that it isn't even funny.

#6 3/12/13 2:11 PM

Innermosttie375 United States
Note: Awesomeness

People who are that oblivious wont look at this topic. Just saying.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBSuwW945OB-_OS3-kWjpX2CchGPf1OHX3CyjdL9-ncwFSBLqH

#7 3/12/13 2:28 PM

sambond009 United States
Veteran
Note: CLAY COLLECTOR

Website

Innermosttie375 wrote:

People who are that oblivious wont look at this topic. Just saying.

Good point. Seems like there are a LOT of people, even who are fairly active on the server, barely touch the forums. It's sad. :'(

#8 3/12/13 3:26 PM

smithaustin2009 United States
On that note, I'd like to point out to those of you who aren't aware, that I have been here for well over a year now. Although it may seem that I'm not that active on the forums (This is only my 62nd post) I read EVERYTHING new on the forums before I ever log on to the server. It's just that I usually don't have all that much to say and I don't reply with useless comments to every topic (with the possible exception of this very post). Just thought I'd point that out since it's caused some to call me a noob in game. Sorry for getting off topic. Carry on.

#9 3/12/13 3:31 PM

sorairo wrote:

Or just make a backup of your existing jar in case you decide to update for play on other servers that do update immediately. big_smile

Lukeski14 wrote:

Try MultiMC!

Yea MultiMC is great and just copying your minecraft.jar file to your desktop/folder/et cetera is another great easy way like spazure mentioned.

And start going on the server and tell people to look at the forums/phailrums. The forums are a great way to know what/when is something happening. It's a great tool to use when you are unavailable to play or just want to dink around like me.

#10 3/12/13 4:34 PM

smithaustin2009 wrote:

On that note, I'd like to point out to those of you who aren't aware, that I have been here for well over a year now. Although it may seem that I'm not that active on the forums (This is only my 62nd post) I read EVERYTHING new on the forums before I ever log on to the server. It's just that I usually don't have all that much to say and I don't reply with useless comments to every topic (with the possible exception of this very post). Just thought I'd point that out since it's caused some to call me a noob in game. Sorry for getting off topic. Carry on.

Nothing's wrong tongue. Many people on the server aren't really active on the forums. Yes people should interact/communicate with people via forums but its not enforced. Just checking the forum is great! Most people don't really touch the forum after they are accepted. So in the case, just checking the forums noticing "Do NOT Download 1.5 Immediately" and reading it is what I want. I very dislike it when people decide to make stupid threads that can be solved with just 1 tongue. So just checking the forum once in a while is great! There is no need to post anything unless you feel like it.

#11 3/13/13 7:30 AM

sorairo
Note: Crazy Cat Lady

Website

#12 3/13/13 10:23 AM

nobodie United States
Note: My nipples look like Milk Duds

ThePistolPete wrote:

Thanks

when will update? and why arent we updated yet?

edit: ThePistolPete and izaya13 gave me -rep for this comment

Last edited by nobodie (5/04/13 10:01 PM)

http://i.imgur.com/FrefBcV.jpg

#13 3/13/13 5:47 PM

MELTDOWNJACK United States
Award: Contributor Diamond 5
Website

smithaustin2009 wrote:

Even though I am still new that's what I do. Also thanks for this thread

http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJzzdfUJcfEP9_NydPZW0FVwrSjIyS_OzM8rVkjMS1EILilNS-MqLy_Xq8wvLSlNStVLzs_Vz8xILMtNzSlJyS_P4_JFMoDLNzMvNbkoMa2EKzwzryS1SCG4NK8oszgVaHJIYm6imTGXkakpl5ExCBkCACQtJ8w~.png

#14 3/13/13 10:28 PM

nobodie United States
Note: My nipples look like Milk Duds

when update? why not we update yet?

http://i.imgur.com/FrefBcV.jpg

#15 3/13/13 11:38 PM

nobodie wrote:

when update? why not we update yet?