reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Guest Information

Reviewstash isn't just another technology review website - it's your review website! Registered members can submit reviews to be featured on the home page, participate in contests, and ask questions in the forums - register today to get started! Registration also removes interstitial ads.
Topic rating: 5

#1 10/27/13 5:26 PM

Nsta1's Avatar
Nsta1
Member
Registered: 9/29/13
Posts: 314
Karma: 3
Reputation :   

Hello, thank you for being patient with the progress of the hub. Now that the hub is laid out, you may begin tunneling. The places where you may tunnel are the sides perpendicular to the way each wing runs. You may build off, each little cubicle is 5x5x5 blocks. I would like for people to share tunnels, so that each tunnel leads to multiple homes. A few screenshots of where you CAN and CAN'T build tunnels are listed below.

Where you CAN build:
http://i.imgur.com/n0pNDay.png
Where you can NOT build:
http://i.imgur.com/FpwuKOv.png

FOR ALL OF YOU TALENTED BUILDERS: I am looking for a few people to build the hallway graphics, and the Nether Room. If you are interested, please comment. Here are all of the places where you can chose to decorate:

Hallway Rooms: When you come out of the main portal room, you see a 4 way intersection, a hallway straight ahead that leads to the Blue wing, and a hallway perpendicular that leads to the other 3. In that hallway, there are 2 visuals to be filled.
http://i.imgur.com/s0Zgke9.png
People signed up to build these:
Left Side:
Right Side:

Nether room: This part has been completed by Snackyj.


Wing Builds: In each wing, there are 2 displays on the opposite side of the tunnels. These are only in the green and yellow wing, one of the ones in the green wing is built. There are 3 open.
http://i.imgur.com/L6EQaAh.png
People to build it:
Green Wing:
Yellow wing Left:
Yellow wing Right:

Thank you for volunteering and reading!

Last edited by Nsta1 (12/14/13 9:28 PM)


http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJzzKy5JNNQNSk0pLsnPS1VIrShILSrh8k0syE3MTi1SSMxLUQj2DVAIyEmsTC3i8gOp5gouSSxS8EpNyeTyzS_NK0nMzCvmMjI1hWNDAPMfGx8~.png
 
 
 

10/27/13 5:26 PM

Advertisement Bot


#2 10/27/13 6:27 PM

Darkened_Auras's Avatar
Darkened_Auras United States
Demolition Crew
Gender: male
From: Texas
Registered: 4/19/13
Posts: 1638
Karma: -13
Reputation :   -21 

Hang on, you're making it seem like you're the sole builder of the nether hub, and everything about it falls on you. I'm pretty sure it's a cooperative project, and your vision of the hub is probably not the best, or the same, as other's. Before you make yourself the absolute authority on the nether hub, keep in mind you should keep room for probably multiple floors to allow lots of people. Also, talk with the other people who have signed up for this. And one last thing, it's a very important project to build the nether hub, please don't put it all on yourself, I"m not insulting you, I'm just saying to keep yourself down to Earth.

Also, some tips, as someone who's been here a little while. Most people tend to want the nether hub in the ceiling, you should prep for that. And again, make it with enough space to hold lots of paths, probably multiple stories, you will need it later on.

Last edited by Lucario7653 (10/27/13 6:29 PM)

 
 
 

#3 10/27/13 7:12 PM

Nsta1's Avatar
Nsta1
Member
Registered: 9/29/13
Posts: 314
Karma: 3
Reputation :   

I am asking for opinions on the nether hub, I am using the forums to see what people want in the new nether hub. I am not going to be the sole builder of the nether hub, snackycj is the only other one signed up to do the nether hub, and by the looks of it, he's going to be pretty busy with spawn. You can see the list of jobs here: http://reviewstash.com/viewtopic.php?id=6140&p=1
I am expecting revisions and changes and am making this entire thing open to the community. I see you are a fan of the ceiling nether hub design? I think that most people would be, and was expecting that. What I wanted to see was a gold farm below the nether hub with a mob elevator and grinder. My goal is to make this as much of a cooperative project as possible, with no one's person's opinion being to powerful, or no one's opinion unheard. I would like RSVP's to see about how many pathways I will need per story, wing, or however we decide to build it. My goal is to make this a massive project with large features, and making it out of an aesthetic block, not something like cobblestone (Unless you guys want that.) But thank you for your opinion nonetheless! I am not taking control over the nether hub, but instead taking responsibility for it, and if you don't like it, you can tell me to change it! That is if the community agrees.

Last edited by Nsta1 (10/27/13 7:26 PM)


http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJzzKy5JNNQNSk0pLsnPS1VIrShILSrh8k0syE3MTi1SSMxLUQj2DVAIyEmsTC3i8gOp5gouSSxS8EpNyeTyzS_NK0nMzCvmMjI1hWNDAPMfGx8~.png
 
 
 

#4 10/27/13 8:23 PM

Darkened_Auras's Avatar
Darkened_Auras United States
Demolition Crew
Gender: male
From: Texas
Registered: 4/19/13
Posts: 1638
Karma: -13
Reputation :   -21 

Fair enough. Personally, I'd like the nether hub to look nethery, as in build it with obby, nether brick, netherrack, stuff like that. Make it look like a nether structure (as a lava fan, I'd love some nice lava falls). Otherwise, we can't really claim specific spots until we get a good idea of the general design. I always live underground, so maybe a lower floor spot for me though.

 
 
 

#5 10/27/13 8:39 PM

Xathonn's Avatar
Xathonn
Demolition Crew
Gender: male
Registered: 9/19/12
Posts: 978
Karma: 1
Note: Hacker Crusher
Reputation :   16 

Website

I would like the nether hub to be in the ceiling and be big and cool tongue Not like the current worlds squarish design, It's just kinda bland

 
 
 

#6 10/27/13 9:35 PM

nobodie's Avatar
nobodie United States
Member
Award: Contributor Diamond 1
Gender: male
From: Your Attic
Registered: 1/29/12
Posts: 527
Karma: -38
Note: My nipples look like Milk Duds
Reputation :   -49 

last time we built it on the roof and everyone had to move portals because of y value. Please not the ceiling again, or underground. I don't care about the way it looks


http://i.imgur.com/FrefBcV.jpg
 
 
 

#7 10/28/13 7:32 AM

izaya13's Avatar
izaya13 United States
Member
Gender: male
From: North Carolina
Registered: 12/26/12
Posts: 335
Karma: 100000000
Note: Big Cheese
Reputation :   

imo i love Mindcracks new hub, but theres is very time and material consuming. What i do like about theres tho is the fact they color coded there tunnels so i could be like hey! Nsta come check out my new base in Red wing!


http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJzzrEqsTDQ0tlIIyUhVcC9KTSxR8MvMy0rkAvH9EotKS_IV3BLzkvIruTIhSrmcMotKMhT80xQcFTxSi_K5fPNLSxIz8_JLi7mMTE3h2BAAXFAcIg~~.png
 
 
 

#8 10/28/13 1:44 PM

Nsta1's Avatar
Nsta1
Member
Registered: 9/29/13
Posts: 314
Karma: 3
Reputation :   

Lucario7653 wrote:

Fair enough. Personally, I'd like the nether hub to look nethery, as in build it with obby, nether brick, netherrack, stuff like that. Make it look like a nether structure (as a lava fan, I'd love some nice lava falls). Otherwise, we can't really claim specific spots until we get a good idea of the general design. I always live underground, so maybe a lower floor spot for me though.

That is exactly what I had in mind, but I wanted to make sure that's what the general vote was. I am not actually a fan of the netherrack texture, so if I were to build what I had in mind there would be a lot of nether brick, obsidian, and iron bars. I would try to stay away from netherrack, unless for fireplaces, and nether fence (I just don't like it.) Lava falls would probably be hidden behind iron bars, or I could hide an enderchest, furnace, or crafting table behind them. What I was thinking is the hub would be in the center of the nether, there would be paths to a seperate roof wing and a floor wing, or you can build out of the hub itself. I would want to build a pigman farm nearby, and have a forge there too, filled with anvils, furnaces, brewing stands, ect. I am also a fan of melon farms for those who forgot their food. I will probably reserver a seperate wing solely for the stronghold. Does that seem OK?


http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJzzKy5JNNQNSk0pLsnPS1VIrShILSrh8k0syE3MTi1SSMxLUQj2DVAIyEmsTC3i8gOp5gouSSxS8EpNyeTyzS_NK0nMzCvmMjI1hWNDAPMfGx8~.png
 
 
 

#9 10/28/13 2:10 PM

MagicJ's Avatar
MagicJ
Member
Registered: 10/21/13
Posts: 54
Karma: 0
Reputation :   

Nsta1 wrote:

Lucario7653 wrote:

Fair enough. Personally, I'd like the nether hub to look nethery, as in build it with obby, nether brick, netherrack, stuff like that. Make it look like a nether structure (as a lava fan, I'd love some nice lava falls). Otherwise, we can't really claim specific spots until we get a good idea of the general design. I always live underground, so maybe a lower floor spot for me though.

That is exactly what I had in mind, but I wanted to make sure that's what the general vote was. I am not actually a fan of the netherrack texture, so if I were to build what I had in mind there would be a lot of nether brick, obsidian, and iron bars. I would try to stay away from netherrack, unless for fireplaces, and nether fence (I just don't like it.) Lava falls would probably be hidden behind iron bars, or I could hide an enderchest, furnace, or crafting table behind them. What I was thinking is the hub would be in the center of the nether, there would be paths to a seperate roof wing and a floor wing, or you can build out of the hub itself. I would want to build a pigman farm nearby, and have a forge there too, filled with anvils, furnaces, brewing stands, ect. I am also a fan of melon farms for those who forgot their food. I will probably reserver a seperate wing solely for the stronghold. Does that seem OK?

Define Wing, do you mean like a 5x5x5 Tunnel leading to the Portal, or do you mean an entire 50x50(or something) just to go to one place? yikes Also, you may want to include other blocks into the Nether Hub (Just a suggestion) otherwise, it'll look too dark, try getting other brighter blocks in, not wools, maybe Stone Brick, or some of the Dyed Hardened Clay Blocks. I hope that didn't sound rude... I wasn't trying to come off as rude..

 
 
 

#10 10/28/13 2:14 PM

sambond009's Avatar
sambond009 United States
Veteran
Award: Contributor Diamond 2
Gender: male
From: La Repubblica di Venezia
Registered: 1/29/12
Posts: 1164
Karma: 1
Note: CLAY COLLECTOR
Reputation :   36 

Website

Glad to see people taking initiative already! big_smile

Especially when it's a relatively new player. I'm impressed!

 
 
 

#11 10/28/13 2:28 PM

Nsta1's Avatar
Nsta1
Member
Registered: 9/29/13
Posts: 314
Karma: 3
Reputation :   

MagicJ wrote:

Nsta1 wrote:

Lucario7653 wrote:

Fair enough. Personally, I'd like the nether hub to look nethery, as in build it with obby, nether brick, netherrack, stuff like that. Make it look like a nether structure (as a lava fan, I'd love some nice lava falls). Otherwise, we can't really claim specific spots until we get a good idea of the general design. I always live underground, so maybe a lower floor spot for me though.

That is exactly what I had in mind, but I wanted to make sure that's what the general vote was. I am not actually a fan of the netherrack texture, so if I were to build what I had in mind there would be a lot of nether brick, obsidian, and iron bars. I would try to stay away from netherrack, unless for fireplaces, and nether fence (I just don't like it.) Lava falls would probably be hidden behind iron bars, or I could hide an enderchest, furnace, or crafting table behind them. What I was thinking is the hub would be in the center of the nether, there would be paths to a seperate roof wing and a floor wing, or you can build out of the hub itself. I would want to build a pigman farm nearby, and have a forge there too, filled with anvils, furnaces, brewing stands, ect. I am also a fan of melon farms for those who forgot their food. I will probably reserver a seperate wing solely for the stronghold. Does that seem OK?

Define Wing, do you mean like a 5x5x5 Tunnel leading to the Portal, or do you mean an entire 50x50(or something) just to go to one place? yikes Also, you may want to include other blocks into the Nether Hub (Just a suggestion) otherwise, it'll look too dark, try getting other brighter blocks in, not wools, maybe Stone Brick, or some of the Dyed Hardened Clay Blocks. I hope that didn't sound rude... I wasn't trying to come off as rude..

Not rude at all, that's a valid sugestion! By wing, I am going to set up the hub so you will have divided sections for everyone to tunnel off of. They will be rather large if possible. As for the lighter block, I will try to add lighter accents to the hub if possible, and I'll make sure it doesn't seem too dark. Thanks!


http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJzzKy5JNNQNSk0pLsnPS1VIrShILSrh8k0syE3MTi1SSMxLUQj2DVAIyEmsTC3i8gOp5gouSSxS8EpNyeTyzS_NK0nMzCvmMjI1hWNDAPMfGx8~.png
 
 
 

#12 10/28/13 2:34 PM

Nsta1's Avatar
Nsta1
Member
Registered: 9/29/13
Posts: 314
Karma: 3
Reputation :   

izaya13 wrote:

imo i love Mindcracks new hub, but theres is very time and material consuming. What i do like about theres tho is the fact they color coded there tunnels so i could be like hey! Nsta come check out my new base in Red wing!

I wanted to do a large nether hub like they did in mindcrack, but I was not a huge fan of their color scheme. They made it look good though!


http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJzzKy5JNNQNSk0pLsnPS1VIrShILSrh8k0syE3MTi1SSMxLUQj2DVAIyEmsTC3i8gOp5gouSSxS8EpNyeTyzS_NK0nMzCvmMjI1hWNDAPMfGx8~.png
 
 
 

#13 10/28/13 3:05 PM

Darkened_Auras's Avatar
Darkened_Auras United States
Demolition Crew
Gender: male
From: Texas
Registered: 4/19/13
Posts: 1638
Karma: -13
Reputation :   -21 

sambond009 wrote:

Glad to see people taking initiative already! big_smile

Especially when it's a relatively new player. I'm impressed!

Ditto.

 
 
 

#14 10/28/13 3:06 PM

Darkened_Auras's Avatar
Darkened_Auras United States
Demolition Crew
Gender: male
From: Texas
Registered: 4/19/13
Posts: 1638
Karma: -13
Reputation :   -21 

Nsta1 wrote:

izaya13 wrote:

imo i love Mindcracks new hub, but theres is very time and material consuming. What i do like about theres tho is the fact they color coded there tunnels so i could be like hey! Nsta come check out my new base in Red wing!

I wanted to do a large nether hub like they did in mindcrack, but I was not a huge fan of their color scheme. They made it look good though!

remember, The lava will brighten up the the hub, and if you can get some blocks that complement the colors that might be a little lighter (not too light, too much contrast) it could just work, and make people feel more comfortable.

 
 
 

#15 10/28/13 3:08 PM

MELTDOWNJACK's Avatar
MELTDOWNJACK United States
Member
Award: Contributor Diamond 5
Gender: male
From: Kansas (not on a farm)
Registered: 1/14/13
Posts: 398
Karma: 2
Reputation :   

Website

I personally like big open nether hubs and would rather have areas that branch a central area instead off having stories stacked on top off each other. Also I think that since this is a update for 1.7 why dont try to use some of the new blocks from 1.7 in the hub


http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJzzdfUJcfEP9_NydPZW0FVwrSjIyS_OzM8rVkjMS1EILilNS-MqLy_Xq8wvLSlNStVLzs_Vz8xILMtNzSlJyS_P4_JFMoDLNzMvNbkoMa2EKzwzryS1SCG4NK8oszgVaHJIYm6imTGXkakpl5ExCBkCACQtJ8w~.png
 
 
 

Board footer

Optimized for 1280x1024 @ 32 bit
Fueled by FluxBB
Top 20 Posts
Who's Online
Index Map
About Us