reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Guest Information

Reviewstash isn't just another technology review website - it's your review website! Registered members can submit reviews to be featured on the home page, participate in contests, and ask questions in the forums - register today to get started! Registration also removes interstitial ads.
Topic rating: 0

#1 10/05/16 1:37 PM

HappyNiko Sweden
A new update is around the corner, Minecraft 1.11 brings new things to explore like Mansions and many other things. The map we currently have needs a reset. Reasons are the following:

Everything that can be done is done.

Portals are also a pain to link up now, there are so many portals that it is really hard to link them up to your desired place you want them to be.

New content in the games like biomes and new structures are alot harder to find since you would have to travel thousands of blocks in order to get to newly generated chunks.

It will be more fun for new players since everyone can start at the same time!

And the most important reason is that everyone can get to build something new and have a fresh start!

So what would i like to have on the new map? Well i would want to have it like Hermitcraft, on the Hermitcraft server you only need one person to sleep in a bed for the night to change to day. Simple command block which an admin could do after watching a tutorial video. I would also want a brand spanking new nether hub, and no spawn area in the spawn chunks because there's were the command blocks and iron titans will be at instead.

I would also like a to have districts and divide them in to places which have different purposes like a shopping district, minigame district and districts we would have our homes/bases at, and hopefully shops will become more common and actually used because that will keep players more active since there are shops to keep being stocked.

If you want, we could also have a certain world type/biome to play in, either it is a amplified world, large bioms or just any biome you like that would be the main area everyone plays in. For example hermitcraft 4 takes place in a mesa biome. No one is forced to live in the biome if you really don't want to.

If you have any other ideas i'd love to hear them all

regards LordNiko

10/05/16 1:37 PM

Advertisement Bot

#2 10/05/16 2:25 PM

Panzor's Default Avatar
Panzor United States
Demolition Crew
HappyNiko wrote:

A new update is around the corner, Minecraft 1.11 brings new things to explore like Mansions and many other things. The map we currently have needs a reset. Reasons are the following:

Everything that can be done is done.

Portals are also a pain to link up now, there are so many portals that it is really hard to link them up to your desired place you want them to be.

New content in the games like biomes and new structures are alot harder to find since you would have to travel thousands of blocks in order to get to newly generated chunks.

It will be more fun for new players since everyone can start at the same time!

And the most important reason is that everyone can get to build something new and have a fresh start!

So what would i like to have on the new map? Well i would want to have it like Hermitcraft, on the Hermitcraft server you only need one person to sleep in a bed for the night to change to day. Simple command block which an admin could do after watching a tutorial video. I would also want a brand spanking new nether hub, and no spawn area in the spawn chunks because there's were the command blocks and iron titans will be at instead.

I would also like a to have districts and divide them in to places which have different purposes like a shopping district, minigame district and districts we would have our homes/bases at, and hopefully shops will become more common and actually used because that will keep players more active since there are shops to keep being stocked.

If you want, we could also have a certain world type/biome to play in, either it is a amplified world, large bioms or just any biome you like that would be the main area everyone plays in. For example hermitcraft 4 takes place in a mesa biome. No one is forced to live in the biome if you really don't want to.

If you have any other ideas i'd love to hear them all

regards LordNiko

Ehhhhhh......I am still working on a bunch of projects in this world!!! I would be pretty upset if It got reset rn. Also, there are plenty of new players still working on projects.

#3 10/05/16 2:33 PM

Zenishor's Default Avatar
Zenishor
A new map would be really nice, but the only thing i would ask/propose is a world download of the curent map if possible, i mean its really huge and it would do a great adventure map or purely for inspiration purposes

#4 10/05/16 3:22 PM

Xathonn
Demolition Crew
Note: Hacker Crusher

Website

I don't know if a new map is really necessary for woodland mansions, even in new worlds they still generate about 15k blocks out

#5 10/05/16 3:30 PM

Zenishor's Default Avatar
Zenishor
The new map would not be only for the mansions.....lets say for shulkers too, and there are 200 ppl whitelisted but a lot of them do not play anymore so there would be less random stuff everywhere (i mean its not neccesarly bad, but sometimes its anoyng). Also a fresh map could give a new look to the comunity.

#6 10/05/16 5:31 PM

MejraThea United States
Demolition Crew
Award: Contributor Diamond 4
I'm against it. The map we have is fine, and most of us don't want to lose what we have. If you have to go a bit farther out to find new stuff that isn't bad, adventuring and traveling is part of the fun.

It's also why you tunnel far out in the nether and make a portal, to cover more overworld ground.

Overall I am say against!!! lol

I like to comment on whitelist applications, I'm friendly by nature. I cannot whitelist you.
Please stop messaging me about being whitelisted.

#7 10/05/16 8:44 PM

sdm United States
Staff
Note: Border Zoned

Website

we could do some lazy shiz where we delete all chunks outside of a certain area and let the outskirts regen

#8 10/06/16 12:16 AM

MejraThea United States
Demolition Crew
If possible that's a great idea.

I like to comment on whitelist applications, I'm friendly by nature. I cannot whitelist you.

#9 10/06/16 7:24 AM

HappyNiko Sweden
I didn't really say exactly when to reset the map although i mentioned 1.11. The main purpose on resetting the map was to make use of spawn chunks, districts and perhaps command blocks for 1 player bed sleeping (which we also could do here).

I'm not yet ready to move on to another world right now since i also have alot of projects i would like to finnish and i really enjoy the current state of the server.

But any opinons on the spawn chunks,1 player sleeping bed to change day cycle and the districts.

#10 10/06/16 1:15 PM

MejraThea United States
Demolition Crew
This server used to have command blocks and the /sethome, /blahbla, type stuff, and then it was switched to a completely survival server, no? Isn't the point that we are on this server because we wanted a simple, unadulterated survival server?

At least, I know that's why I found this lovely server. For a small town, basic community.

I tried to join another server yesterday, but it was SO full of codes and things that I got overwhelmed (and laggy) that I had to leave immediately after getting a tour, and probably won't be going back.

If there was any one thing I'd ask for, it'd be for Keep Inventory to be turned on.

Last edited by MejraThea (10/06/16 1:15 PM)

#11 10/06/16 1:24 PM

Ciennymyst United States
I agree with Thea. I am still very new to the world of Minecraft, but this is the Super-Duper Vanilla Server, and by its very name, that means it's a pure survival server with no alterations whatsoever, even command blocks.

It's supposed to be about survival, no easy way out of a pickle, etc., just like the one-player survival mode itself, the only difference being that we can play and interact with others and are not roaming alone.

Anyway, in general, I am also against an entire server reset, though I do think SDM's idea is good, too. smile

#12 10/06/16 1:41 PM

Panzor's Default Avatar
Panzor United States
Demolition Crew
I am highly opposed to the map reset at this point in time. I just started a new base and am really looking forward to building it and having people check it out. For anyone that is bored, there are plenty of things to still be doing on the server. Build games in the games area (So far I have been the only one to build games) or start a new base or project. I do agree that a map set is needed eventually, but not until it is really needed. Thanks!

#13 10/06/16 1:44 PM

Panzor's Default Avatar
Panzor United States
Demolition Crew
HappyNiko wrote:

I didn't really say exactly when to reset the map although i mentioned 1.11. The main purpose on resetting the map was to make use of spawn chunks, districts and perhaps command blocks for 1 player bed sleeping (which we also could do here).

I'm not yet ready to move on to another world right now since i also have alot of projects i would like to finnish and i really enjoy the current state of the server.

But any opinons on the spawn chunks,1 player sleeping bed to change day cycle and the districts.

We already have districts basically. They are just very unused. Me and Kat created a spawn, shopping, and games area. Also, it would be possible to add those special command things into the world we are in now. Lastly, I agree with everyone saying that this is a fully vanilla server, and that is why many people, including me, came to this server.

#14 10/06/16 4:35 PM

Xathonn
Demolition Crew
Note: Hacker Crusher

Website

I say don't upgrade to 1.11, they removed piston translocation sad

#15 10/07/16 5:04 AM

Mister_Duckless Netherlands
they didnt remove piston translocation... they fixed it...

And about new map part, noticed people talking about it so got someone to start posting on forum to get a discussion going (mainly I wanted to know all opinions and was to lazy to start a thread roll )

And reading through there are not really strong reasons for getting a new map (except for the portal troubles). Things can be build several times and fresh start can always be done, just burn yourself in lava and pick a new base wink
About the district part, yes we have them but spawn is a bit messy (and empty) at the moment. <- Not everything is done!

One player sleeping with command blocks is vanilla? It's a handy tool for when people want to sleep but people are AFK (darky...). In my opinion this wont ruin the survival experience but to be honest I dont really care if it exist or not.

Board footer

Optimized for 1280x1024 @ 32 bit
Fueled by FluxBB
Top 20 Posts
Who's Online
Index Map
About Us