reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Guest Information

Reviewstash isn't just another technology review website - it's your review website! Registered members can submit reviews to be featured on the home page, participate in contests, and ask questions in the forums - register today to get started! Registration also removes interstitial ads.
Topic rating: 0

#16 10/07/16 6:48 AM

HappyNiko Sweden
I'm not sure if i got it clear or not but when i meant command blocks i mainly was talking about the 1 player bed sleep thingy. Not any other tpa, sethome, home etc... The reason i came to this server was also to escape from all the over used commands which kinda ruined the fun for me.

Also, as i said earlier people (including me) still have many projects yet to be finished so i'm pretty sure the server will be up for a long time still. But to keep it in mind that we also need to move on so that people wont stop playing because there's nothing to do anymore.

10/07/16 6:48 AM

Advertisement Bot

#17 10/07/16 2:41 PM

MejraThea United States
Demolition Crew
Award: Contributor Diamond 4
Those of use that have been here for months and months are pretty much happy with the map, I think. We've spent a lot of time building and foraging, and we're happy with our set up.

For someone who didn't even join 2 months ago, you have a lot less to lose than we do.

We can still do the update without resetting the map, after all. We did with 1.10. I don't think resetting the map is truly anything to do with the update, you just want a new map.

As for the 200 or so people who are whitelisted, if SDM likes the idea we could do a clean out of the whitelist. So that everyone who isn't on anymore is cleared, and if they don't rejoin and their base hasn't shown activity within an amount of time, those can be cleared away which will open more space (which actually isn't an issue) and maybe more portals.

I like to comment on whitelist applications, I'm friendly by nature. I cannot whitelist you.
Please stop messaging me about being whitelisted.

#18 10/10/16 11:02 AM

sdm United States
Staff
Note: Border Zoned

Website

yeah doing a whitelist wipe might be good.

we could try to trim the map (after we agree on a border size), then purge the whitelist

we'd have a one week signup/grace period.

#19 10/10/16 12:21 PM

Panzor's Default Avatar
Panzor United States
Demolition Crew
Daniel Levy wrote:

yeah doing a whitelist wipe might be good.

we could try to trim the map (after we agree on a border size), then purge the whitelist

we'd have a one week signup/grace period.

I like that idea a lot! It would definitely help to allow more room for all of the active players on the server.

P.S. - We still need to fix the problems in the end.

#20 10/11/16 6:47 AM

C4Shiii Austria
Demolition Crew
Note: One with the Dunkey
MejraThea wrote:

their base hasn't shown activity within an amount of time, those can be cleared away which will open more space (which actually isn't an issue) and maybe more portals.

i dont like that idea. what if someone comes back after taking a break only to find their base completly gone..
bt whatever.. its just a game in the end..

Last edited by C4Shiii (10/11/16 6:48 AM)

-C4Shiii / TheR0pe
Did you vote today? http://minecraft-server-list.com/server/19056/vote/

#21 10/11/16 8:18 AM

Mister_Duckless Netherlands
Bases can stay but maybe removing the portals of some of the unused bases wont be a bad idea.

Another idea that popped up on the server last evening (evening for me) was to open up spawn a little bit more, at the moment its all crammed and messy around there with quite small plots to build things on. Because this problem people dont really build in spawn, it would be a good idea to remove/replace some of the buildings and create an larger 'valley' where people have a lot of space to build there houses and shops.

Whitelist whipe, no idea if its a good idea... dont know about it so I keep my mouth shut about this subject

Last thing, The End is quite raided now, to get a pair of elytra's you have to travel very far and then all the way back. This is mainly for new players very annoying so my suggestion is to reset the end (except the main island & farm?)

#22 10/11/16 12:34 PM

Xathonn
Demolition Crew
Note: Hacker Crusher

Website

There isn't enough new stuff generating to justify a reset

#23 10/11/16 2:07 PM

Panzor's Default Avatar
Panzor United States
Demolition Crew
Mister_Duckless wrote:

Bases can stay but maybe removing the portals of some of the unused bases wont be a bad idea.

Another idea that popped up on the server last evening (evening for me) was to open up spawn a little bit more, at the moment its all crammed and messy around there with quite small plots to build things on. Because this problem people dont really build in spawn, it would be a good idea to remove/replace some of the buildings and create an larger 'valley' where people have a lot of space to build there houses and shops.

Whitelist whipe, no idea if its a good idea... dont know about it so I keep my mouth shut about this subject

Last thing, The End is quite raided now, to get a pair of elytra's you have to travel very far and then all the way back. This is mainly for new players very annoying so my suggestion is to reset the end (except the main island & farm?)

Kat and I worked really hard a while ago to make spawn the size that it is now. It used to be almost half the size! There are still plenty of shop plots and house plots available in spawn, just nobody builds in them. I do think that it would be a great idea to tear down the shot plots that have been unfinished for a long period of time, or of players that are inactive. This would make even more room for more new shops!

#24 10/11/16 3:30 PM

Mister_Duckless Netherlands
I havent mentioned the current spawn is total shit and a total waste of time etc. but I find the current design has a small disadvantage and made a proposel for a change which doesnt imply a total rebuild of the spawn.
Also I really am gratefull you and Kat have enlarged the spawn and have both worked very hard on spawn but does this mean I can't propose a proposal*?

If you dont want to read the whole post again here a short recap

Proposal: Open up spawn
Reason: Spawn is crammed & Current plots are small (which implies also not a lot of freedom to build)
How: Remove/Replace some buildings to make spawn less crammed & create a larger (free to build) area.

*is 'propose a proposal' proper english?

#25 10/11/16 9:36 PM

Panzor's Default Avatar
Panzor United States
Demolition Crew
Mister_Duckless wrote:

I havent mentioned the current spawn is total shit and a total waste of time etc. but I find the current design has a small disadvantage and made a proposel for a change which doesnt imply a total rebuild of the spawn.
Also I really am gratefull you and Kat have enlarged the spawn and have both worked very hard on spawn but does this mean I can't propose a proposal*?

If you dont want to read the whole post again here a short recap

Proposal: Open up spawn
Reason: Spawn is crammed & Current plots are small (which implies also not a lot of freedom to build)
How: Remove/Replace some buildings to make spawn less crammed & create a larger (free to build) area.

*is 'propose a proposal' proper english?

Yeah, I agree with getting rid of old plots and what not, but other then that nothing really needs to be changed.

#26 10/12/16 12:15 PM

MejraThea United States
Demolition Crew
Award: Contributor Diamond 4
Hmm. With our number of people, spawn doesn't need to be too much bigger. (But it should be limited to one plot per person.) It could stand to be organized, but most of us have learned its layout by now. smile The only thing that I could suggest to improve upon it is the roads/pathways all throughout it. I think they were better how they were a few months ago, the design.

But I hate the random patchwork design most people are doing on Minecraft nowadays, so.

Last edited by MejraThea (10/12/16 12:16 PM)

I like to comment on whitelist applications, I'm friendly by nature. I cannot whitelist you.
Please stop messaging me about being whitelisted.

#27 10/12/16 10:25 PM

sdm United States
Staff

Website

if any plots are abandoned be sure 2 post and ask 2 reclaim them

#28 10/14/16 2:41 PM

Zenishor's Default Avatar
Zenishor
I like how Xath is not playing anymore but he is against the map reset, and i find it funny that Mr'Taco is reading the forum everyday but The End is still on lockdown

Last edited by Zenishor (10/14/16 2:41 PM)

#29 10/14/16 9:23 PM

sdm United States
Staff

Website

sry busy week

also pls send me pm or skype is serious problem happens

thx

#30 10/15/16 5:42 AM

Panzor's Default Avatar
Panzor United States
Demolition Crew