by the stash, for the stash
Latest Reviews & Articles
Latest Topic Replies
Don't exactly have a camera I can easily upload stuff from.
But I do have screenshots.
Here, have this.
For those of you that don't know, it goes up to 7.9.
My dad overclocks as a hobby. Yeah...
Ha-ha, I really want something like Daniel's! I am way to ghetto for that... With the double monitors and the gaming computer! I want one of those so bad. Someday I will get one. I have a laptop on a wooden board with a mouse, cheap ear buds and a USB cooling fan. Now I really need a Gaterade machine and a donut. I loove Gaterade!
This is my rig (Ignore the gaping hole in the front of the case... LOL) AMD quad 3.21GHz, Radeon HD 6570, 12 gigs of ram, and a sata hard drive that we had.
Last edited by Redcoder (6/09/12 4:09 PM)
My i7 920 D0 is incredibly voltage hungry. The only way I can hit stable 4.0 GHz is with my vcore at 1.4 v - that results in really high temperatures.
My Corsair H50 + single pull fan configuration wasn't cutting it.
Unfortunately, I need the two side 120 mm fans to keep my northbridge and motherboard components cool.
So, I was unable to fit two fans to the radiator through conventional methods.
Luckily, after some fiddling, I was able to mount a second fan to the radiator. The caveat? The pull fan must be mounted outside of my computer case.
It dropped my load temperature 5 celsius! And, as a bonus, it frightens my cat.
Elite 341 FTW. You can't be mad when you scratch a $40 computer case! If I had purchased a $100 mATX case, I'd be pretty upset.
Seems everybody is showing off their pc's and laptops. Might as well do it.
My first ever computer :
- Pentium 3 333Mhz
- 8 Mb Ati Video Card
- 334 Mb Ram
- Hdd 160 GB Samsung (Hdd Changed 2 times. This is the third one which i bought this year. First one Hitachi sadly fell and broke , whike the second while wasn't that good, only worked for 4-5 years.
Basically this computer was bought by my father in Russia in about 1997-1998 and guess what , it works up to now (thats from where i am writing this message.) What brand you ask ? It was bought from a factory unbranded and thus cheaper although at those times it cost about 1000$+.
My 2nd Computer:
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6800 2.13Ghz (not sure about the number , lazy to check but its somewhere there.)
- Ram 5GB DDR2 (originally was 2GB but then upgraded)
- Gigabyte Motherboard GA-965P-DS3 (Got kinda unlucky with this one cause of the design - computer died after bios update but it was still on warranty so that got replaced. After had some issues with Dvd writing , that is couldn't use my graphics card and write on a cd or dvd. It would just crash. Overall now it seems to be fine after a couple of patches of bios updates:P (It was scary updating it 2nd time - thought it would die ).
- GT 430 1Gb video card (Originally was a WinFast GT 7600 256Mb and i gota says that was one of the best cards i replaced it with the GT430 in 2011. The Gt7600 could run Cod4 and Cod 5 and Borderlands with no problems. I even played Metro 2033 although i couldn't use pipe bombs close to me or the game would crash. It was a driver issue cause it didn't support something.
- HDD 360 Gb (don' know the model cause never had trouble with it )
- Lg 21" Monitor + 6.1 Creative Speaker Surround + HD 720P 8Mp Logitech Webcam (got that last year ) and a headset.
This comp was bought in 2006 since the old laptop didn't have enough power for the new games and programs.
3rd Computer is a Samsung Laptop N (something):
- 10" Display with led back light.
- 160Gb HDD
- Intel Single Core 1.6Ghz processor.
- Intel HD Integrated graphics card.
We bought this laptop cause after my parents had a business / work proposition to work abroad we moved to an island called Malta cause it was tiring to fly every 3 months back and forth to work and home. So in this country electricity costs are way higher than Russia and running a 500W Pc every night for downloading was and is just to expensive. So after buying this laptop our electricity bills got much lower Also we were lucky to buy the first i think version of this laptop (300 euros in russia) cause it has a nice red and black lookto it with the cool shiny material. The reason is my friend bought himself after the same laptop but a version or two later which has this crappy material and not so nice look . It is more like somebody chopped plastic with an axe. Also the power usage is only 25 to 40 W max
Last /Recent Computer Alienware M11xr3
- Intel Dual Core i7 2617M 1.5GHz up to 2.6GHz
- GT 540M 2GB Ram
- 6GB DDR3 Ram
- HDD 500GB (Planning on upgrading to a Seagate 750GB HDD/SSD Hybrid )
- 11" LED Display + Bluetooth 3.0 + 2 USB 3.0 Ports + Other Awesome Stuff like 5.1 sound output , keyboard changing colours
So ye this awesome laptop we bought last year after my father sold his old but rarely used car in russia we decided to buy a good laptop for gaming and stuff. So yep thats it for now.
Future wishes? Want to buy Areax51 Alienware Pc Not only Power consumption friendly (350W Max) but Powerful.
Maybe will post pics later. This took quiet some time and pain to write already
The first computer i ever got was a dell desktop, i know it was a .512 gb ram, 320gb hard drive, intel processor. This computer sucked so i gave it to my parents like 5 years ago.
After that, i bought a Compaq prasio(i think) Laptop, for 300$, it originally had 1 gb ram (upgraded to 2) 120gb hard drive, single-core Intel processor. It sucked but i used it for like 3 years.
After that, my sisters went to college and bought macbook pros, so i got my sisters old Sony vaio. I wiped the memory to original factory condition, and used that till very soon. It had 4 GB ram, 120 GB hard drive, single-core processor. Not long ago i got really angry at it for having lag, so i..... hit like 6 times(really hard). After that, the hard drive stopped spinning(i wonder why :))))))) )
A week ago i bought a acer computer, 6 GB ram, 2 TB hard drive i3 dual-core 3.3 GHz so 6.6 GHz. I am going to upgrade the processor the ram and the graphics card. I bought it for steal at Costco, i had extra money to put in to it. works great right now.
I recently upgraded to Windows 7 , Microsoft office 2010, Norton security.
The picture i am trying to post i took with my cell phone, so it sucks. but i don't really have a camera at my disposal.