by the stash, for the stash
Latest Reviews & Articles
Latest Topic Replies
Should we make the Tekkit server an FTB server?
Total : 15
Alright, so recently I heard about the Feed the Beast modpack while watching Direwolf20's Let's Play. It has made me realize that Tekkit is actually rather limited. Although it has many great mods, like Redpower, some mods that I think would be really great are missing. For that reason, I propose we switch the server to the Feed the Beast modpack. Here is my reasoning:
1. Tekkit no longer has Forestry. A while ago, we were happy with this, but I have watched many videos that show it is rather desirable. Forestry bees are fun and their products are very useful, and the farms can be very fun to set up.
2. Feed the Beast also has the PortalGun mod, which can be very useful for creating cool contraptions, as well as having a boatload of fun.
3. Mystcraft: this mod will let each player have their own unique worlds that they can develop. Also allows people to have quarry worlds to keep the nice worlds clean.
4. MFFS: this sweet forcefield mod can let you make awesome forcefields (what a surprise).
5. Graviton Suite: Armor better than QuantumSuit :o?
6. All the good mods of Tekkit .
Here is the main site.
Installation isn't too hard; there is a plethora of videos on how to do it:) (plus launcher coming soon).
So, what do you guys say? This could really be fun, and a much more enriching experience than Tekkit
Edit: Installation video
More Edit: We might have to manually install Mystcraft, shouldn't be too hard
Last edited by goingsolo211 (8/26/12 3:01 PM)
1. Incomplete mod pack
2. It isn't in a convenient launcher like tekkit is. I think it is just a bunch of jars and a config file.
3. No convenient server launcher either. However, it looks like a bunch of bukkit mods, so theoretically I could just install them all
4. Item IDs. Both avoiding conflict and ensuring client and server are the same. Again, I think a universal config is provided.
5. Time. I don't have much of it lying around any more. However, if it is installing a bunch of mods and a config, hopefully it won't take up too much time.
Beyond that, I have full support either way.
As an opinion, it seems technic ish as an addon of tekkit. It seems to have all the tekkit mods and then some. If something seems broken, I can always disable it, so that isn't a problem.
Mystcraft is a planned addition to the FTB pack...it is not yet a part of it. We might have to wait to update until the pack is complete with a a launcher...
Btw, if you try to install it now, make sure to delete the YUNOGENERATEblahblablah.zip from the mods folder, or else you will generate a void world.
|Alright, since FTB is actually still under development, I think I should just try to add Mystcraft and Forestry to Tekkit to see if it works. hopefully the block id's wont be a problem.
Ok, I think the FTB modpack will actually be ready soon with a launcher included (in a few weeks), and all updated to 1.3. I think we should wait until then before changing the server just for convenience sake. I can let everyone know when that happens.
Last edited by goingsolo211 (8/26/12 6:01 PM)
FtB was originally designed for an adventure map, by the looks of it, hence that world generation thing.
If it comes with a launcher, then it has my full support. It seems to have pretty much tekkit with more stuff. I like all the launcher stuff because it makes it easy for people to join. (No 30 mods and bunch of configs to mess with).