reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Guest Information

Reviewstash isn't just another technology review website - it's your review website! Registered members can submit reviews to be featured on the home page, participate in contests, and ask questions in the forums - register today to get started! Registration also removes interstitial ads.
Topic rating: 0

#1 4/23/11 2:08 AM

sdm United States
Staff
Note: Border Zoned

Website
Tags: [cooling, fan, noctua]

For all of those silent computing enthusiasts, we had Noctua send over their latest fan, the NF-S12B FLX. It features beveled blade tips, for increased airflow, the SCD 2, a smooth drive system, and highly advanced bearings. Let's see if this fan really warrants the steep price tag and if it can manage to "blow away" a traditional case fan.

Specifications:

120x120x25 mm
SSO-Bearing
NF-S12B Blade Design with BBT
1200-600 RPM
59 - 29 CFM
18 - 6 dBA
6 year warranty
Noctua's Product Page
Price: $19.95 @ Amazon

Verdict:

I honestly don't think there is anywhere else to look for a fan that fits this niche. It's nearly as powerful as traditional, noisy fans and doesn't vibrate (especially due to the "SCD" and provided rubber grommets). While you may be able to buy a pack of four 120mm fans for $20 from other manufacturers, trust me when I say that the quality has absolutely nothing on this Noctua product. So, if you're building a computer that needs to be able to handle a lot of heat and stay quiet, the Noctua NF-S12B FLX is the absolute ideal case fan.

Positives:
Nearly silent at even 1200 RPM
Moves a respectable amount of air for the dBA generated
Impressively engineered, with quality parts

Neutral Ground:
Color scheme is a bit "off"

Negatives:
At the end of the day, it's still kind of pricey for a fan

Here is a link to the Corsair temperature chart and here for the Noctua (in-case it is hard to see in 1080p).

Thanks go to Noctua for this opportunity!

4/23/11 2:08 AM

Advertisement Bot

Board footer

Optimized for 1280x1024 @ 32 bit
Fueled by FluxBB
Top 20 Posts
Who's Online
Index Map
About Us