reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Guest Information

Reviewstash isn't just another technology review website - it's your review website! Registered members can submit reviews to be featured on the home page, participate in contests, and ask questions in the forums - register today to get started! Registration also removes interstitial ads.
Topic rating: 0

#1 11/16/11 12:56 PM

Hawkdude12 United Kingdom
Veteran
Note: Will be back in 1 to 1000 days

Nobody really wants to use these forums, picture this scenario:

1)Easily apply for the server on the well-known mine craft forums

2)Create a new account on this site (which isn't trusted( I know its safe but other people may be doubtful)!) to apply when it would be easier to join another server on the mine craft forums.

What would you do? Maybe instead of being mandatory to apply on this site, we use this to discuss the server and whitelists, but the minecraft forums swell to just apply, then try and get them to join the site. Or in the server (if you could be bothered) give people who haven't joined this site a log-in message like
Hey, you should join this server's forum's at  www.EXAMPLESITE.com/hahahaha That's actually a website lol.

Consider this because it feels like I'm playing single player on this server most of the time.

Last edited by Hawkdude12 (11/16/11 11:31 PM)

Bored.

11/16/11 12:56 PM

Advertisement Bot

#2 11/16/11 1:00 PM

sdm United States
Staff
Note: Border Zoned

Website

To be fair, most people are waiting for 1.9.

#3 11/16/11 1:10 PM

sdm United States
Staff
Note: Border Zoned

Website

Also, when 1.9 comes out, I was thinking about running an advertisement on http://mcserverlist.net/.

It would be cool if someone could create a neat 180 x 150 image for our server (can be .gif animated).

#4 11/16/11 6:03 PM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator
Note: Time consumed by school.

Agreed. This forums can scare away other people, as they don't know whether to trust it. I would suggest usign the minecraft forums for signing up, and have all discussions on this forums. So people can read the discussions without having to commit to signing up, and it can get a lot more hits. Although If you do that, and advertise alot, I would recommend improving the questions for the whitelisting. Make it take more thought.

Also, me being me, Where can I find out about the coding options for teh forums? I saw the inline code button, but I dont' know the syntax. Test

EDIT: NM, its just oddly phrased. It just changes the font to fixed width.

Last edited by Kurathedog (11/16/11 6:03 PM)

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
-Robert J. Hanlon

Board footer

Optimized for 1280x1024 @ 32 bit
Fueled by FluxBB
Top 20 Posts
Who's Online
Index Map
About Us