reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Guest Information

Reviewstash isn't just another technology review website - it's your review website! Registered members can submit reviews to be featured on the home page, participate in contests, and ask questions in the forums - register today to get started! Registration also removes interstitial ads.
Topic rating: 0

#1 8/10/13 7:15 AM

sdm United States
Staff
Note: Border Zoned

Website

http://reviewstash.com/viewtopic.php?pid=46511#p46511

this has been going on for a while now

awaiting response

8/10/13 7:15 AM

Advertisement Bot

#2 8/10/13 8:43 PM

FrootSalad New Zealand
Award: Contributor Diamond 1
FrootSalad wrote:

You can set all the traps you want but when the trapped property is stolen, it's not much use. If you allow me to have my horse back I will give you back the diamond armour which you used to disguise him.

#3 8/10/13 9:42 PM

sambond009 United States
Veteran
Award: Contributor Diamond 2
Note: CLAY COLLECTOR

Website

Okay froot, seriously? You do realize that there are probably DOZENS of horses on the server that look exactly like yours??.... Do you have any logs whatsoever to support that he stole your horse? I had seen haggis' horse on many occasions before he supposedly "stole" yours. It was names 'percy' from the beginning. You can't un-name a mob without killing it.

I would suggest you either give a sincere apology and return the horse, or produce some evidence on what makes you so hell-bent sure that haggis stole your horse.

#4 8/10/13 9:59 PM

WattyT New Zealand
Note: Breaker of all things
honest to goodness, this whole things been a seriously petty squabble.

dan, frooty's one of your best remaining members, why on earth are you willing to banz him over something as petty as a disputed horse ownership.

froot hasn't stolen anything of value from haggis, sanz the armor (which he has said haggis can have back), he just thinks that the horse was his in the first place, he HAS gone the wrong way about enforcing this opinion though
HOWEVER haggis has admitted to stealing the horse back and he seems to be getting away scott-free

but seriously a ban, for this....

heres your solution, froot gives haggis the armor back, then someone cleaves the horse in two. both cut their losses and go find new horses.

Last edited by WattyT (8/10/13 10:00 PM)

watching...... waiting.......

#5 8/10/13 10:10 PM

nobodie United States
Note: My nipples look like Milk Duds

horse armors and name tags for all!

http://i.imgur.com/FrefBcV.jpg

#6 8/10/13 10:23 PM

WattyT New Zealand
Note: Breaker of all things
why you can't auto name horses is beyond me, MOJANG, GET ON IT

it would solve soo many problems

watching...... waiting.......

#7 8/10/13 10:34 PM

sdm United States
Staff

Website

this is a temp ban because I just wanted froot and hag to work it out on the forums ("awaiting response")

if hag doesn't jump in, I will in-game ban him as well

#8 8/10/13 11:27 PM

FrootSalad New Zealand
I may have jumped to conclusions but when I found a horse in a hole that looks exactly like mine only 50 blocks away from where I lost him I couldn't help but jump to conclusions. I left him leashed onto a fence by my pyramid project which has hardly any foot traffic as my pyramid is the only build in that desert biome. That was my reasoning and any explanation Haggis might be able to give couldn't be provided with any proof so this is basically his word against my word. From my perspective the whole situation looked very suspect and you can't blame me for that.

#9 8/10/13 11:57 PM

sdm United States
Staff

Website

I'm going to unban

here is the deal

everyone enclose their horse with a wooden fence box and a fence gate opening
put a sign next to the fence gate warning players

if anyone that is unauthorized enters the fence gate (and the horse disappears), they will be banned

end of the issue - any horses in the world right now will be considered owned by the property owner (regardless of who might have owned them before)

#10 8/11/13 12:10 AM

TheHaggis

Daniel Levy wrote:

this is a temp ban because I just wanted froot and hag to work it out on the forums ("awaiting response")

if hag doesn't jump in, I will in-game ban him as well

You wanted evidence, i gave you evidence, I could have kept the horse but I decided to set up a trap like you asked me to.

This has not been sorted because not only do I have evidence now but froot has the horse and the diamond armour which even if the horse was his the diamond armour was not. I would not have been bothered if it was another horse with low stats or was not named. To make me more annoyed you built your pyramid above theb ase and cut through part of it

#11 8/11/13 12:13 AM

sdm United States
Staff

Website

you gave me the evidence, but I still don't have evidence that the horse was yours ahead of time

either way, though

you did provide proof that froot IS willing to violate another players space and take something without asking or discussing the terms

I'll get you another set of diamond horse armor and a saddle, haggis

if anything like this happens again and the trap catches it (make sure to leave a sign, though) there will be a perm-ban, no questions asked

#12 8/11/13 12:50 AM

FrootSalad New Zealand
I have a few issues with the ultimatum.

The first is the fence rule. A player can simply mount a horse from through the fence and jump back over it and never caught. If the horse is leashed does prism log the unleashing on the fence? Even if it does, the player can simply ride and break the leash and not be traced. This leaves naming. A horse can be renamed. There seems to be no viable solution.

Secondly, it feels like I am being villainised in this dispute as the perpetrator where in reality I was only trying to protect my property. Me "falling" for the trap (although I realised what you were trying to do) does not prove anything in this dispute and only strengthens my point of me trying to protect my property. As a side note, if I were to steal a horse I would name it and put armour on it to convince an idiot that the horse isn't his because it has a different name than his and that his didn't have x type of armour on it. Either way, it is all just speculation.

Thirdly, in regards to me building over your base. I didn't see anything there. I didn't see any signs. I didn't see any structured. The only structures I saw was a few entrances to underground spawners and mineshafts which I did not obstruct. There is no slice in the hill and if the pyramid was an issue you should have brought it up with me sometime within the last week during construction BEFORE I finished it instead of trying to frame me for stealing a horse.

Lastly, out of good will I will give back the diamond horse armour as it is clear whether the horse was stolen or not that it belonged to Haggis before all of this began and that I never intended to keep it in the first place. It is not necessary for you to spawn one in.

Last edited by FrootSalad (8/11/13 12:59 AM)

#13 8/11/13 1:10 AM

Server's Default Avatar
Server
Staff
Note: 74 61 63 6f
you are rightfully villainised because you broke someone else's property. regardless of stealing the horse or not, that is a recorded grief. theft, even when considered a rightful vigilante act is against the rules and a great sign of disrespect to both me and other players.

if you are not comfortable with fences, be a little more creative and use solid blocks. it is a non issue.

Last edited by Server (8/11/13 1:11 AM)

test

#14 8/11/13 3:07 AM

TheHaggis

As you have decided to give back the diamond armour, the offer is still up for me to breed one of my horses with percy to make a similar horse, plus your pyramid cuts right through a tunel of mine, I had to build a new one. I choose to ignore it at first because you had not stolen my horse

#15 8/11/13 3:33 AM

TheHaggis

WattyT wrote:

honest to goodness, this whole things been a seriously petty squabble.

dan, frooty's one of your best remaining members, why on earth are you willing to banz him over something as petty as a disputed horse ownership.

froot hasn't stolen anything of value from haggis, sanz the armor (which he has said haggis can have back), he just thinks that the horse was his in the first place, he HAS gone the wrong way about enforcing this opinion though
HOWEVER haggis has admitted to stealing the horse back and he seems to be getting away scott-free

but seriously a ban, for this....

heres your solution, froot gives haggis the armor back, then someone cleaves the horse in two. both cut their losses and go find new horses.

It is preety peety yes that's why I am willing to also give him a similar horse along with some iron armour and a saddle along with a name tag, ill even donate some gold to that pyramid if he does it in good time. Im bored of this thread now like everyone else so im sure once we have a made the deal we can close this thread and stop being sour lemons

Board footer

Optimized for 1280x1024 @ 32 bit
Fueled by FluxBB
Top 20 Posts
Who's Online
Index Map
About Us