reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Information

What's the future of RVS? Please check this post and vote!
Topic rating: 0

#16 9/05/13 4:13 PM

TheHaggis

Hawkdude12 wrote:

TheHaggis wrote:

Not only have we got a really nice map but amplified will lag the server heavily meaning smaller map.

However the new terrain looks fantastic

I doubt amplified will lag anything. Aslong as chunk render area remains the same. AFAIK the server has to remember where all the empty blocks are too, and they take up about the same space right?

(or am I talking rubbish...)

Nah I think I am ha ha I just made that up, but I heard yo ned a good computer to load those chunks

9/05/13 4:13 PM

Advertisement Bot

#17 9/05/13 4:14 PM

Shandrew82's Default Avatar
Shandrew82 United States
Champion
Award: Contributor Diamond 3
Note: ✔️✔

Hawkdude12 wrote:

TheHaggis wrote:

Not only have we got a really nice map but amplified will lag the server heavily meaning smaller map.

I doubt amplified will lag anything. Aslong as chunk render area remains the same. AFAIK the server has to remember where all the empty blocks are too, and they take up about the same space right?

I would agree with you hawk, but in the snapshot notes it says you need a strong computor to run the amplified terrain (though like i stated in my post, its all "unofficial", so the person submitting that info could just be on a crappy computor lol)

http://i.imgur.com/4X8Bt5y.jpg

#18 9/05/13 4:18 PM

TheHaggis

Ha Ha they have hilly swamp lands?! That makes no sense!!!

#19 9/05/13 4:22 PM

Hawkdude12 United Kingdom
Veteran
Note: Will be back in 1 to 1000 days

Shandrew82 wrote:

Hawkdude12 wrote:

TheHaggis wrote:

I would agree with you hawk, but in the snapshot notes it says you need a strong computor to run the amplified terrain (though like i stated in my post, its all "unofficial", so the person submitting that info could just be on a crappy computor lol)

But this would be fps lag, not server lag. The server doesn't have to render the blocks, your PC does, the server just tells you what they are.

(Please refer to the talking rubbish post from earlier)

Bored.

Board footer

Optimized for 1280x1024 @ 32 bit
Fueled by FluxBB
Top 20 Posts
Who's Online
Index Map
About Us