reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Guest Information

Reviewstash isn't just another technology review website - it's your review website! Registered members can submit reviews to be featured on the home page, participate in contests, and ask questions in the forums - register today to get started! Registration also removes interstitial ads.
Topic rating: 0

#16 1/18/12 7:07 PM

verythinice's Default Avatar
verythinice
Now that you mention tf2, payload would be hilarious in minecraft. It would take some work to figure out exactly how pushing the cart would work (maybe something with powered tracks and unoccupied carts), but it would definitely be fun.

Maybe the arena for openville? I wouldn't have time to make it though, and we already have a lot of arenas. We should probably see how the current arenas turn out before adding more.

1/18/12 7:07 PM

Advertisement Bot

#17 1/18/12 9:12 PM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator
Note: Time consumed by school.

Try all powered tracks, pressure plates on both sides.
How to power: Push, stand next to it to speed it up (team effort)
How to stop: stand in front, drop blocks in the path, etc.
Problem with minecart: Arrows again. Stray arrows can break the cart. Wild melee only might have the same issue, unless it is low damage weapons.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
-Robert J. Hanlon

#18 1/19/12 10:30 AM

Gordon09 United States
Note: Actually dredroy
I have been interested in making a mob arena where you fight mobs as long as you can with limited resources 
would anyone be interested in somthing like that? me and kage found a ton of monster spawners by our house

Im dredroy........

#19 1/19/12 10:32 AM

Hawkdude12 United Kingdom
Veteran
Note: Will be back in 1 to 1000 days

Need to play tf2 again, but I think a 2fort replica would be pretty cool. Underwater tunnels included.. But no sentries I guess, which is a shame. No fire, no miniguns, no rocket launchers, no grenade launchers... However, I guess you could have load outs sort of suited to characters in chests. I.e. Swiftness pots for scouts. Bows for snipers, golden apples that medics give out. Problem is restocking this after every match. Splash pots and sword (plus a shovel!) for a soldier. Demo would be the sameish. The heavy would have some armour. Need a lot of people online for some variety. Gonna build it spawn. Put about 6 sets for each loadout. And a respawn timer.

Bored.

#20 1/19/12 10:35 AM

Hawkdude12 United Kingdom
Veteran
Note: Will be back in 1 to 1000 days

Gordon09 wrote:

I have been interested in making a mob arena where you fight mobs as long as you can with limited resources 
would anyone be interested in somthing like that? me and kage found a ton of monster spawners by our house

Sounds good. You still in noche? Make sure you link them all together and make the mobs be pushed into the arena, but make sure the player is close enough to them to spawn... Also light up the arena so there's no creepers.

Bored.

#21 1/19/12 2:35 PM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator
Note: Time consumed by school.

How to solve issue of creepers: Arena made out of obsidian. Mobs fall from a small distance so their entrances aren't broken. Done. Would also let it be anywhere, with a generic trap.
Problem with spawners is that you have to be within 16 blocks.

We seem to have enough arenas for now. Once I finish mine, I will go back to my house.

Last edited by Kurathedog (1/19/12 2:40 PM)

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
-Robert J. Hanlon

Board footer

Optimized for 1280x1024 @ 32 bit
Fueled by FluxBB
Top 20 Posts
Who's Online
Index Map
About Us