reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Guest Information

Reviewstash isn't just another technology review website - it's your review website! Registered members can submit reviews to be featured on the home page, participate in contests, and ask questions in the forums - register today to get started! Registration also removes interstitial ads.
Topic rating: 1

#46 2/15/12 7:49 PM

Gordon09 United States
Note: Actually dredroy
I know the instant i saw those lanters i knew what kage will do when 1.2 comes out.

Im dredroy........

2/15/12 7:49 PM

Advertisement Bot

#47 2/15/12 11:20 PM

Gabrielman's Default Avatar
Gabrielman
Secret OP
Award: Contributor Diamond 2
Note: Gabe-y Claws

Website

Hawkdude12, I have something for you. Meet me in Mosscow next time you are on (Or tell me when you will be on so I can be on then as well).

#48 2/16/12 12:32 AM

Hawkdude12 United Kingdom
Veteran
Note: Will be back in 1 to 1000 days

Sweet. I can't say when I am usually on as it's random from 9AM-9PM GMT

This game does not want me to use netherbrick. Creeper blew up right on me, and I couldn't find my death point before my netherbrick and other stuff despawned because I kept dying.

Last edited by Hawkdude12 (2/16/12 4:23 AM)

Bored.

#49 2/23/12 8:54 AM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator
Note: Time consumed by school.

Tweeted by jeb:
http://i.imgur.com/xSRLn.png

Another snapshot coming soon, rumors of new mob that defends villagers.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
-Robert J. Hanlon

#50 2/23/12 9:03 AM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator

Never mind, I was a bit slow
Side note, I update the first post to reflect the upcoming features. Check in from time to time.

New snapshot!

New Mob: Iron Golem
Attacks almost all hostile mobs
Picks up roses?
Can't swim
Craftable, like snow golems

Stairs placed under a block are inverted (up side down)
Moar bug fixes.
Folder based texture pack support

Iron Golems in action:

Last edited by Kurathedog (2/23/12 9:19 AM)

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
-Robert J. Hanlon

#51 2/23/12 10:36 AM

pyrof7 United States
Award: Contributor Diamond 4
Note: Road Warrior
Looks pretty cool cant wait for this update. Those iron golems are a neat addition.

#52 2/23/12 11:33 AM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator

More iron golem stats!

Crafted out of 4 iron blocks and a pumpkin. They also naturally spawn in villages with enough villagers.

They drop 3-5 iron ingots when killed. This plus natural respawn means yet another iron farm coming in 1.2

They have 100 health (50 hearts), and hit for anywhere between 8 and 20 (4 to 10 hearts). They also throw their target up into the air

They are a reference to Laputa: Castle in the Sky. They pick up roses and offer them to baby villagers, who occasionally take it from the golem. Golems also drop 0-2 roses.

They can't swim, and drown. They also burn, but are immune to fire damage.

They attack zombies, spiders, endermen, zombie pigmen, blaze, skeles, silverfish, and silverfish in their line of sight. They also attack the player if the player attacks it or a nearby villager.

-Robert J. Hanlon

#53 2/23/12 12:30 PM

pyrof7 United States
Kurathedog wrote:

More iron golem stats!

Crafted out of 4 iron blocks and a pumpkin. They also naturally spawn in villages with enough villagers.

They drop 3-5 iron ingots when killed. This plus natural respawn means yet another iron farm coming in 1.2

They have 100 health (50 hearts), and hit for anywhere between 8 and 20 (4 to 10 hearts). They also throw their target up into the air

They are a reference to Laputa: Castle in the Sky. They pick up roses and offer them to baby villagers, who occasionally take it from the golem. Golems also drop 0-2 roses.

They can't swim, and drown. They also burn, but are immune to fire damage.

They attack zombies, spiders, endermen, zombie pigmen, blaze, skeles, silverfish, and silverfish in their line of sight. They also attack the player if the player attacks it or a nearby villager.

So if you attacked it would it attack you back? Because if you attack snow golems they wouldnt attack. If they do attack it not worth killing those things with 50 hearts just for 3-5 iron ingots. I wish they would have droped the 4 iron blocks that they were made out of. This would make it more reasonable to try and attack the iron golems.

#54 2/23/12 12:44 PM

Hawkdude12 United Kingdom
Veteran
Note: Will be back in 1 to 1000 days

Yes but then if they are naturally spawning... 4 blocks equates to 36 iron which seems a little much. They should be aggressive if you attack villagers.

Bored.

#55 2/23/12 2:44 PM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator

Kurathedog wrote:

They also attack the player if the player attacks it or a nearby villager.

Answers two questions at once yay!
For a bit more detail, attacking a villager "counts" as attacking it, where they attack the most recent entity (mob/player) to attack either it or a nearby villager. So say you punch it, it chases you. Zombie hits a villager. it leaves you to kill the zombie.

They take 36 iron to build because they are so durable. 5 times as much health as you, and up to 10 hearts of damage. Haven't done much with the natural spawning. I know it is in villages with certain number of villagers, they spawn, and respawn.
But building them is for when you are endgame anyway and want to screw around with them. Or for a major defensive investment. Because they are powerful.

For an iron farm, I haven't tested either, but just having "spawning pads" in a village, with water canals in between them, into a pit of water. Golem spawns, eventually falls off, drowns in pit. Another one spawns. Wanders into canal, drowns, more free iron.

-Robert J. Hanlon

#56 2/23/12 3:34 PM

pyrof7 United States
Kurathedog wrote:

Kurathedog wrote:

They also attack the player if the player attacks it or a nearby villager.

Answers two questions at once yay!
For a bit more detail, attacking a villager "counts" as attacking it, where they attack the most recent entity (mob/player) to attack either it or a nearby villager. So say you punch it, it chases you. Zombie hits a villager. it leaves you to kill the zombie.

They take 36 iron to build because they are so durable. 5 times as much health as you, and up to 10 hearts of damage. Haven't done much with the natural spawning. I know it is in villages with certain number of villagers, they spawn, and respawn.
But building them is for when you are endgame anyway and want to screw around with them. Or for a major defensive investment. Because they are powerful.

For an iron farm, I haven't tested either, but just having "spawning pads" in a village, with water canals in between them, into a pit of water. Golem spawns, eventually falls off, drowns in pit. Another one spawns. Wanders into canal, drowns, more free iron.

That is a great idea if in fact it works. Also I wonder how much xp these drop. Hopefully you could get a good amount of xp with that iron if that farm works. If you want to you can basically trade iron for xp with these things.

#57 2/23/12 4:21 PM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator

I highly doubt they will drop xp. They are like supercharged snow golems, essentially.
Edit: checked and confirmed. No xp dropped.

Existing XP farms are a one time investment for tons and tons of xp. Maybe a little bit of "upkeep" for cost of splash potions, if you want to speed it up. But those are pretty much going to outclass 36 iron per golem cost for any sort of XP farm based off of them.

This is hilariously amazing. If they add a small amount of functionality combining these guys with snow golems, so they could coordinate... (and better snow golem AI).
Fully auto castle.  These guys as ground forces, damaging any mobs that come near. Snow golems on towers alert Iron golems to mobs, and keep mobs at bay with knockback. And villagers roaming around within the castle walls.

Last edited by Kurathedog (2/23/12 4:22 PM)

-Robert J. Hanlon

#58 2/23/12 4:29 PM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator

Oh, and I should mention.
He looks like a testificate (For those of you who skipped the video)
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/images/c/c9/Village_Golem.png

Last edited by Kurathedog (2/23/12 4:29 PM)

-Robert J. Hanlon

#59 2/23/12 4:57 PM

Schematix United States
Avenger
Note: The Elusive Derpsloth

Do you know what their dimensions are and how much do these things need to fall before they die? big_smile
And when I say dimensions I mean like, spiders are 2x2x1 and skeletons are 2x1x1

50+3 right?

My weapons are imgur.

#60 2/23/12 5:27 PM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator

They spawn in a "village" with 15+ villagers and a house.

They take no fall damage.

I don't know the exact dimentions, but I would guess 3 high, 2.5 wide, and 1 thick. About. Pretty sure the video shows them.
But here is a picture anyways. (Not my picture, btw).
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/images/5/5d/Villager_golem.jpg

Last edited by Kurathedog (2/23/12 5:27 PM)

-Robert J. Hanlon

Board footer

Optimized for 1280x1024 @ 32 bit
Fueled by FluxBB
Top 20 Posts
Who's Online
Index Map
About Us