reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Guest Information

Reviewstash isn't just another technology review website - it's your review website! Registered members can submit reviews to be featured on the home page, participate in contests, and ask questions in the forums - register today to get started! Registration also removes interstitial ads.
Topic rating: 3

#106 2/23/12 9:20 PM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator
Note: Time consumed by school.

pyrof7 wrote:

I've always wondered where in the code, it gives players capes and stuff like that. I saw a minecraft video serveral months ago and it had DeadMau5 in it and he had his ears. It would be pretty cool to find out what you can make with those codes.

Pretty sure DeadMau5 ears are a mod. Not quite sure though.
Last time I really went in was back in 1.7 era. Maybe even 1.6. I wanted to start modding. Then I realized what a mess the code was, and how big of a pain it would be to update everthing every time the game updated. Even worse is trying to make something as the game keeps changing.
I know hacked clients are capable of giving other client users capes. There is a huge difference between clientside and serverside mods. Clientside affects how the player recieves and sends information. The server does everything. Like texture packs. Server simply tells the client what to view, client decides how to display it.

People have built some absolutely amazing things, though. Ever seen GSL shader mod? how about buildcraft and industrialcraft? How about the Aether mod?

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
-Robert J. Hanlon

2/23/12 9:20 PM

Advertisement Bot

#107 2/23/12 10:01 PM

cosyn United States
Buried Alive
iheartjackie, I asked for a repeater rifle. Just try making a revolver but with a much longer barrel, and go from there. You're great at this kind of stuff, don't let one gun defeat your artistic abilities!

And Schematix, I wish you the best on editing my skin! Are you planning on using it too, or are you just being very nice?

#108 2/23/12 10:17 PM

iheartjackie United States
Skin Designer
cosyn wrote:

iheartjackie, I asked for a repeater rifle. Just try making a revolver but with a much longer barrel, and go from there. You're great at this kind of stuff, don't let one gun defeat your artistic abilities!

And Schematix, I wish you the best on editing my skin! Are you planning on using it too, or are you just being very nice?

Well, first off, there's not much different between a rifle and a shotgun when you're trying to make it five pixels by two pixels long. Also to do it more realistically, I'm trying to make it diagonal. A vertical rifle would be too short unless you don't mind me changing it to a sawed-off shotgun. Rifles barrels are longer than your forearm, right? Plus, it can't just be there on the back, it needs straps and a holster as well. I don't know. I'm taking a step back for a bit and seeing what Schematix is doing with it. I'm hoping he figures it out because I have no idea!

#109 2/24/12 9:01 AM

docpigy
nah its good tongue unless you can give me a bazzooka

#110 2/24/12 2:49 PM

Skin Designer
docpigy wrote:

nah its good tongue unless you can give me a bazzooka

I would TOTALLY give you a bazooka. Want a bazooka arm?

#111 2/24/12 7:30 PM

IrashiHeart77 United States

I would love a skin. Hmm... How about a warrior? Without a helmet. With dark blonde hair. Red or brown shirt and I want a few pentagons in with it somehow if possible you choose where they would look best. Also make him more like a fantasy then medieval like I don't want a knight I want a warrior with a few pieces for armor here and there like shin-guards and shoulder braces. Thank you these aren't set in stone if you see it better adding something or not adding that is cool just have fun with it.

-Irashi Heart. Redstoner, Blacksmith, Architect.
www.youtube.com/JustUsMiners
www.twitter.com/JustUsMiners
Vote for the server: http://minecraft-server-list.com/server/19056/

#112 2/24/12 9:49 PM

Skin Designer
IrashiHeart77 wrote:

I would love a skin. Hmm... How about a warrior? Without a helmet. With dark blonde hair. Red or brown shirt and I want a few pentagons in with it somehow if possible you choose where they would look best. Also make him more like a fantasy then medieval like I don't want a knight I want a warrior with a few pieces for armor here and there like shin-guards and shoulder braces. Thank you these aren't set in stone if you see it better adding something or not adding that is cool just have fun with it.

Okay, it might be a while though, maybe a week or two, because I'm taking a little break from taking requests. (Working on a bunch of random sci-fi themed skins for funsies.) I'm just finishing up a few for people who asked earlier. It's refreshing though to see something other than "a guy in a suit". XD Should be fun!

And, to clarify, what do you mean by pentagon? You mean like a pentagon-pentagon, as in the geometrical shape, or a pentagram-pentagon, like a star shape? How would you like that incorporated into the skin? The armor? A pendant? Either way, it would have to take up a fairly large portion of the skin, like the chest or back. Skins are only 64x32 pixels large, so not a lot of details can be packed in.

#113 2/24/12 10:35 PM

drojas11 United States
Loving it! I like the right most one the best. Could you make the grey squares on the tie a little darker? That would it would look more like a piano smile. Thanks!

#114 2/24/12 11:33 PM

iheartjackie wrote:

Okay, it might be a while though, maybe a week or two, because I'm taking a little break from taking requests. (Working on a bunch of random sci-fi themed skins for funsies.) I'm just finishing up a few for people who asked earlier. It's refreshing though to see something other than "a guy in a suit". XD Should be fun!

And, to clarify, what do you mean by pentagon? You mean like a pentagon-pentagon, as in the geometrical shape, or a pentagram-pentagon, like a star shape? How would you like that incorporated into the skin? The armor? A pendant? Either way, it would have to take up a fairly large portion of the skin, like the chest or back. Skins are only 64x32 pixels large, so not a lot of details can be packed in.

I mean the five sided shape (geometrical)...maybe if I had a hood that was off but on my shoulders as the back portion of my "hat" and the pentagon there that could look nice also...

#115 2/25/12 12:47 AM

cosyn United States
Buried Alive
iheartjackie, if you added a red bandana to my skin that would be great.

#116 2/25/12 11:37 AM

Skin Designer
drojas11 wrote:

Loving it! I like the right most one the best. Could you make the grey squares on the tie a little darker? That would it would look more like a piano smile. Thanks!

Oops! I entirely forgot about the piano part. XD I got frazzled and did more Bond, less, I don't know, Freddy Goes to Hollywood. Did they make piano ties popular? Oh, wait, was that from Zoolander? ...Ah, who cares. I'll have preview up by tonight.

Anything else you'd like changed?

IrashiHeart77 wrote:

I mean the five sided shape (geometrical)...maybe if I had a hood that was off but on my shoulders as the back portion of my "hat" and the pentagon there that could look nice also...

Okay. I think I get it. I'll figure it out when I work on the skin. You'll have a preview in the next week or two.

cosyn wrote:

iheartjackie, if you added a red bandana to my skin that would be great.

You know, I had a bandana on the first one and you made me remove it. It was covering part of his chin. hmm It was more bandit, less John Wayne meets the Marlboro Man. I'll have a preview up by tonight.

#117 2/25/12 1:39 PM

Hawkdude12 United Kingdom
Veteran
Note: Will be back in 1 to 1000 days

What'd be even funnier if cosyn changed his mind when you add the bandana back in.

Bored.

#118 2/25/12 1:46 PM

Okay cool

#119 2/25/12 4:54 PM

Skin Designer
Hawkdude12 wrote:

What'd be even funnier if cosyn changed his mind when you add the bandana back in.

XD

cosyn's actually isn't that bad, and pretty awesome compared to some people; I use to do a little free-lance web designing. There...there is a lot of picky people out there that have no idea how div tags work or the fact that Java is COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY DIFFERENT from HTML. And are sexist. Of course, now I work in a restaurant; it's a little better, I guess, with only a few asses here and there...that are sexist.

IrashiHeart77 wrote:

Okay cool

^^ I've gotten a lot of things done today so it should be between Tuesday and Friday.

----
cosyn:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7048/6929915607_9efafcdd93.jpg

I didn't make the bandana bright red so that way it didn't look too out of place. What do you think?

----

drojas11:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7178/6783798498_e27b4dbf38.jpg

I had to change the shirt a little bit so the tie didn't blend in or look grey. I think the pastels give it a more Miami Vice look (would be better with a white jacket, though). I'm thinking of changing the shirts to a more off-white/cream color.

----

Gumbo.: (If you're still reading this post.)

Nice avatar! ;D

#120 2/25/12 5:58 PM

drojas11 United States
Looks good! Alright, so I was looking at some pictures and I think I'm gonna go with the white tux. big_smile, Black pants, and a keyboard belt? Do you think that could work? And instead of a tie, could we make it a bow-tie?

Board footer

Optimized for 1280x1024 @ 32 bit
Fueled by FluxBB
Top 20 Posts
Who's Online
Index Map
About Us