reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Guest Information

Reviewstash isn't just another technology review website - it's your review website! Registered members can submit reviews to be featured on the home page, participate in contests, and ask questions in the forums - register today to get started! Registration also removes interstitial ads.
Topic rating: 0

#1 2/01/12 11:59 AM

Daniel Levy United States
Staff
Note: UTF Spokesman

Website

The server seems to be getting pretty full in the evening, I might need to implement a reserved slot system.

Any suggestions, or comments?

It might be nice to get a dedicated connection, max the server at 15 slots, and have reserved slots available to any user that can donate a couple of dollars (to help out).

2/01/12 11:59 AM

Advertisement Bot

#2 2/01/12 1:19 PM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator
Note: Time consumed by school.

Well, while it has reached 10 slots more often now, it isn't consistent (for me at least), and 15 should probably be enough to last a while longer. We seem to have a much better steady stream of players online nowadays. Then again, I am basing this on a small sampling.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
-Robert J. Hanlon

#3 2/01/12 5:29 PM

Schematix United States
Avenger
Note: The Elusive Derpsloth

I haven't seen any major problems with the server cap. I've only seen 1 instance where the server was completely full and I was already there. I think 1 player wanted to jump on, but it was full. That was when I first started hangin' out on you guys' awesome server though! This night has/had quite a few players on it, but it's always like 9/10 it seems for me. If this server starts to get anymore active than it already is I think bumping the cap up to 15 would be great. I also agree with the inconsistencies in the server Kura mentioned. Earlier today it was 1/10 players not including myself. 2 nights ago it was just me, by myself. I was lonely, because if you haven't noticed I like to talk a lot!

(I'm 15 and I got money for mah birthday... I don't know anything about paypal, but I wouldn't mind donating 10$? Or is that not a lot? I dunno what you guys pay for this server and stuff. Also, SDM, you're awesome.)

#4 2/01/12 5:58 PM

Guzzie United States
Award: Contributor Diamond 1
Not a bad idea, but we might want to make sure the player count stays high enough to justify it. Right now I am seeing plenty of reason -- server is at 10/10 and I want to join. tongue

Friendlier neighborhood OP, ask me if you need help on anything.

Have you completed the Great Challenge?

#5 2/01/12 7:58 PM

gotkaya United States

My biggest thing is a lot of people come and go.  When I joined the server (not very long ago) I joined with a bunch of ppl that day and the next.  Almost all of those ppl are gone now it seems.   If this is a trending up thing it'd be great, but most the population right now are really new ppl, and I'm wondering how long it will last?

#6 3/18/12 11:00 AM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator

The slots aren't working. Server yesterday was at 13/13, despite guzzie being the only admin online.
It might or might  not have also contributed to the game-slaughtering lag I experienced yesterday. My 300fps computer running at 2.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
-Robert J. Hanlon

#7 3/18/12 1:19 PM

Schematix United States
Avenger
Note: The Elusive Derpsloth

Kura, the nether always lags for me regardless of how many people are online.

#8 3/18/12 1:24 PM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator

Ah. I haven't been on for 1.2 that much at all.
I am actually now suspecting it is all the building on the nether roof. Because when I visited you before I lava derped, it was normal.

-Robert J. Hanlon

#9 3/18/12 2:50 PM

Daniel Levy United States
Staff
Note: UTF Spokesman

Website

Reserved slots are currently disabled.

#10 3/18/12 2:52 PM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator

Well, that explains why they aren't working. tongue

-Robert J. Hanlon

#11 3/18/12 3:44 PM

IrashiHeart77 United States

Yep, I can't get in again because it is full. This server is to awesome for the slot cap. I was gonna say something like a test of activeness but people complain and stuff. I don't know.

-Irashi Heart. Redstoner, Blacksmith, Architect.
www.youtube.com/JustUsMiners
www.twitter.com/JustUsMiners
Vote for the server: http://minecraft-server-list.com/server/19056/

Board footer

Optimized for 1280x1024 @ 32 bit
Fueled by FluxBB
Top 20 Posts
Who's Online
Index Map
About Us