reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Guest Information

Reviewstash isn't just another technology review website - it's your review website! Registered members can submit reviews to be featured on the home page, participate in contests, and ask questions in the forums - register today to get started! Registration also removes interstitial ads.
Topic rating: 0

#1 3/22/12 9:57 AM

Quadelet's Default Avatar
Quadelet
Award: Contributor Diamond 1
Hi all.

This is really my first official post!  I just wanted to take the time to let you know that I've successfully founded a new town!  I have a rail system that I built which starts outside of Neverland.  Its a bit aways from the main entrance.  If you look for the pyramid that has lava on it go out that door.  Turn right.  You'll eventually hit my rail system. 

You'll need a cart as I don't have a spot for them yet!  Please forgive the look of the rail as I'm not finished yet.  Also, I sort of built a huge wall, which is the rail system.  Please feel free to dig through it if I blocked anyone off.  I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking and spent more time building it as a wall then on stilts! 

The town itself is sort of lame, there are only two occupants so the landscape is pretty much natural.  I have spent a lot of time in certain areas as you will see.  And you might also figure out why I've named it Quarry Town. 

My future plans for the town is the following (not in any particular order):

1.  Complete the rail system, walls and connecting to Neverland's rail.  I won't touch the rail just have a station outside of Neverlands stop point.
2.  Fill the walls around the town.  (this will take some time as I claimed a lot of land!  I think I go through 3 different biomes).
3.  Get more residents (so far its myself and Harlson)
4. Expand the Quarry further

So yeah, please come check it out.  I'm super excited about it and would love feedback on how to make it better.

Last edited by Quadelet (3/22/12 9:58 AM)

3/22/12 9:57 AM

Advertisement Bot

#2 3/22/12 11:13 AM

simplyskyler
Note: officially blown up by SDM
Hmm, I'll have to take a look sometime soon. At the moment I'm busy leveling a forest for a pet project of my own, but it's always nice to see what other players have done. I still need to get around to checking out Aurum, actually...maybe I should stop the leveling for a bit and go check them out tonight.

Did you remember to vote today?

http://minecraft-server-list.com/server/19056/

#3 3/22/12 12:33 PM

Harlson United States
BAMF
Award: Contributor Diamond 6+
It is definitely a great town, so much room for development. Once we get that rail and wall system up we can light it up and maybe get rid of our creeper problem. Quadelet has dug out a magnificent quarry, I look forward to seeing it grow:lol:

#4 3/22/12 12:34 PM

Shandrew82's Default Avatar
Shandrew82 United States
Champion
Award: Contributor Diamond 3

maybe I'll have to import a few of my villagers and build a house for em there

http://i.imgur.com/4X8Bt5y.jpg

#5 3/22/12 2:11 PM

Gummy Mexico
Veteran
Note: Drama Queen

Website

I give it Two weeks!

#6 3/22/12 3:20 PM

Hawkdude12 United Kingdom
Veteran
Note: Will be back in 1 to 1000 days

God, will people stay for a while
This is not a town. I give it a hamlet status until 2 more weeks and 4 inhabitants have homes. So many cities=Ghost towns. Prime example: Neuva noche

Bored.

#7 3/22/12 3:48 PM

gotkaya United States

Hawk, you don't even play anymore and for the amount of time you do play you move around just as much as anyone.   But, who cares... this is minecraft.  An open world, play the way you like type game.  Let people play the way they like.  You can gummy should keep your negative comments outta here.

#8 3/22/12 4:07 PM

Schematix United States
Avenger
Note: The Elusive Derpsloth

Why build a wall when your quarry can be your wall! big_smile

Benefits
-Wtf! Newflash! Your place is called Quarry Town!
-You're going to be building quarries anyway... might as well make them more useful
-Building walls is annoying...

Also, I will not want to live here. big_smile
I'd rather move back to NN and make myself a home sometime... but currently I'm grounded for getting a 75 on a math test. :S I need to deconstruct the building I made south west of NN as well... I also need to work more on Kaya's Laboratory of awesome. Keep me updated Kaya. big_smile Jeez, my word choice is awful.

#9 3/22/12 4:11 PM

Gummy Mexico
Veteran
Note: Drama Queen

Website

gotkaya wrote:

You can gummy should keep your negative comments outta here.

I'll lock them up deep in my basement
with all the other feelings...

#10 3/22/12 4:36 PM

gotkaya United States

Gumbo. wrote:

gotkaya wrote:

good puppy!

Schematix wrote:

Keep me updated Kaya.

the lab:
within' 30 block radius...
nether portal - done.
tripple spawner (2 skele + 1 spider) - completed both aesthetically functionally.
tripple spawner (3 cave spiders) - completed both aesthetically functionally.
tree farm -completed functionally, still needs cleaning up.
slime farm - completed with good slime rates.
sugar cane farm - working, but needs better yields.
melon and pumpkin farm - completed with good yields.
snow farm - completed both aesthetically functionally.
wheat farm - completed both aesthetically functionally.
storage room - completed both aesthetically functionally.
furnace room - completed both aesthetically functionally.
brewing room - completed both aesthetically functionally.
strip mining hole - completed both aesthetically functionally.
mushroom growing room - completed both aesthetically functionally.
staff quarters (villagers) - completed functionally, still working on it aestheticall & still need to breed my two villagers.
mine cart station - started.
animal farms - not yet started.

hmm what else?

#11 3/22/12 9:05 PM

Schematix United States
Avenger
Note: The Elusive Derpsloth

gotkaya wrote:

Gumbo. wrote:

gotkaya wrote:

good puppy!

Schematix wrote:

Keep me updated Kaya.

the lab:
within' 30 block radius...
nether portal - done.
tripple spawner (2 skele + 1 spider) - completed both aesthetically functionally.
tripple spawner (3 cave spiders) - completed both aesthetically functionally.
tree farm -completed functionally, still needs cleaning up.
slime farm - completed with good slime rates.
sugar cane farm - working, but needs better yields.
melon and pumpkin farm - completed with good yields.
snow farm - completed both aesthetically functionally.
wheat farm - completed both aesthetically functionally.
storage room - completed both aesthetically functionally.
furnace room - completed both aesthetically functionally.
brewing room - completed both aesthetically functionally.
strip mining hole - completed both aesthetically functionally.
mushroom growing room - completed both aesthetically functionally.
staff quarters (villagers) - completed functionally, still working on it aestheticall & still need to breed my two villagers.
mine cart station - started.
animal farms - not yet started.

hmm what else?

Better snow farm, I think I saw a really good one on a docm episode. Let's you mine snow at full speed and is easy to make. You not mention the potion room? big_smile Or the other minor things, such as the cactus, chest room, bed, etc. Also, expansion for pine and birch trees will be needed. I'll eventually make an underground  quarry type thing... for tall jungle trees. lol Need your input on the animal shelter. We can make the actual animal farms somewhere else or keep them there.

#12 3/22/12 9:28 PM

Quadelet's Default Avatar
Quadelet
Gumbo. wrote:

I give it Two weeks!

Hawkdude12 wrote:

This is not a town. I give it a hamlet status until 2 more weeks and 4 inhabitants have homes. So many cities=Ghost towns. Prime example: Neuva noche

What a great reception!  I couldn't ask for more!  If I had to guess, part of the reason people do not stay awhile may been within these two quotes!  I wasn't saying it was awesome and I've been on the server for longer than a month.  So do I meet your two week quota??  All I was looking for was some visitors and possibly someone to come help me build it up.  Considering I built a rail system by myself, and a long one at that, I feel I deserve some credibility.

And to say its not a town, depends on what your definition of a town is.  So if you used this one:

According to Wikipedia "A town is a human settlement larger than a village but smaller than a city. The size definition for what constitutes a "town" varies considerably in different parts of the world, so that, for example, many "small towns" in the United States would be regarded as villages in the United Kingdom, while many British "small towns" would qualify as cities in the United States."

You may be correct in assuming its not a town.  However, since we are not in the UK or the USA a town "may vary considerably in different parts of the world".  And since the world we are in is Minecraft and a max population of 13 people on at once.  I would consider this a town since it has two occupants and a couple of buildings along with infrastructure.

As I said before, the reason I posted was so I could meet your criteria and let people know it exsisted.  Rather you decided to become negative rather then positive.  For that reason alone, I'm going to make sure I stay longer then two weeks just to prove you wrong.  Mainly cause I'm a stubborn bastard but also I was planning on staying awhile anyways.  I joined this server to be able to build things with others and have help building things.  Along with not having things griefed and stolen from me. 

So what do you say friend, why don't you help my "Hamlet" become a "Town"!

Good day sir

#13 3/23/12 9:58 AM

Hawkdude12 United Kingdom
Veteran
Note: Will be back in 1 to 1000 days

gotkaya wrote:

Hawk, you don't even play anymore and for the amount of time you do play you move around just as much as anyone.   But, who cares... this is minecraft.  An open world, play the way you like type game.  Let people play the way they like.  You can gummy should keep your negative comments outta here.

I just dislike ghost towns. And yes I do play still. Just not often. I don't have enough time anymore to spend 10 hours a day on this game.

Bored.

#14 3/23/12 10:34 AM

TheHaggis

If you link the place up to the nether i will take a look. :-)

#15 3/23/12 8:41 PM

IrashiHeart77 United States

Hawkdude12 wrote:

Haven't been there in awhile, huh? While the stuff like Kaya's castle and the church are blocked of to us, Wagoo, Jousis, Vicisous, and I have all been residing in Nueva Noche, we connected the paths as well where we had room to build. Nueva Noche is not a ghost town, just the main street. Might have to fill it with testivicates and golems.

-Irashi Heart. Redstoner, Blacksmith, Architect.
www.youtube.com/JustUsMiners
www.twitter.com/JustUsMiners
Vote for the server: http://minecraft-server-list.com/server/19056/

Board footer

Optimized for 1280x1024 @ 32 bit
Fueled by FluxBB
Top 20 Posts
Who's Online
Index Map
About Us