reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Guest Information

Reviewstash isn't just another technology review website - it's your review website! Registered members can submit reviews to be featured on the home page, participate in contests, and ask questions in the forums - register today to get started! Registration also removes interstitial ads.
Topic rating: 0

#1 3/25/12 3:38 PM

Schematix United States
Avenger
Note: The Elusive Derpsloth

Coords will be kept secret.
Kaya found it, I followed him tongue
It's very derpy, a ravine goes right under it and a lot of the floor is missing.
Silverfish spawner is intact and I'm having trouble disabling it, so I just put 6 fishies in a trench. They're actually still in the trench as I type big_smile
We're keeping the coords secret to raid the fort of it's bricks. We'd rather preserve teh natural beauty of the stronghold so... maybe SDM could begin trading smooth bricks for special bricks? We'll repair all the derp floors  if you did that for us SDM big_smile
Kaya had to leave for a while...

So uhh.. yea.. Anyone have a need for silverfish? (Kura? big_smile)

Edit: And yea that is the marker on the other stronghold.
Derp-athon... double ravine, both at layer 10. Good thing I brought my fortune pick. big_smile

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa454/Schematix7/2012-03-25_182949.png

Last edited by Schematix (3/25/12 3:42 PM)

3/25/12 3:38 PM

Advertisement Bot

#2 3/25/12 3:47 PM

gotkaya United States

they can spawn in light level 11 or lower so you just need more torches.

#3 3/25/12 3:47 PM

IrashiHeart77 United States

Meh. tongue

-Irashi Heart. Redstoner, Blacksmith, Architect.
www.youtube.com/JustUsMiners
www.twitter.com/JustUsMiners
Vote for the server: http://minecraft-server-list.com/server/19056/

#4 3/25/12 5:10 PM

Shandrew82's Default Avatar
Shandrew82 United States
Champion
Award: Contributor Diamond 3

time for the expedition to find number 3!

http://i.imgur.com/4X8Bt5y.jpg

#5 3/25/12 5:47 PM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator
Note: Time consumed by school.

Schematix showed me the way. I am going to try and convert it into a farm, if kaya doesn't beat me to it. (Inability to play during the week ftw).
I also need a bit of time to gather resources. Like glowstone lamps.

Edit: OK, wow. I fell into the ravine thanks to the java bug with stuck keys. Rushed back, it had despawned. Which suprises me, because it legitamately looked like less than 5 minutes. So need to restock before I tackle the spawner. Sigh.

Last edited by Kurathedog (3/25/12 6:00 PM)

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
-Robert J. Hanlon

#6 3/25/12 6:37 PM

gotkaya United States

ya i died there too, and even though i got back in time my items were gone.  :\  0-well.

there's a bed there now.  btw, go for it with the spawner.  I'm not too interested in making one, although they do look really cool.  let me know if you need help (ie. you don't have the time to finish it)

#7 3/25/12 10:42 PM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator

I am kind of out of glowstone for redstone lamps. Nether lag makes it impossible to go explore for any remnants that have not been harvested yet. Started to clear out the surrounding area, and have put all the blocks in a chest for you.
I also lost my Power IV infinity bow in the drop, so I won't be traveling as often (Ghasts), and need to start shipping all my blocks from my mountainside home to my island.
I mostly want to build it for fun, because I don't want to spend my little weekend freetime placing 16^4 (over 60,000) sandstone slabs for the base of my island. That is a spring break project. So I won't feel bad if you work on it too. (Side note, some single player testing etc. showed me a more consistent farm than etho's)

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
-Robert J. Hanlon

#8 3/27/12 8:46 AM

TheHaggis

i saw a really good tutorial on ethoslab for silverfish spawner storage thingy but i don't really see too much use for it. Maybe you could convert the ravine into something cool and make it public?

#9 3/27/12 9:18 AM

Schematix United States
Avenger

Kurathedog wrote:

Schematix showed me the way. I am going to try and convert it into a farm, if kaya doesn't beat me to it. (Inability to play during the week ftw).
I also need a bit of time to gather resources. Like glowstone lamps.

Edit: OK, wow. I fell into the ravine thanks to the java bug with stuck keys. Rushed back, it had despawned. Which suprises me, because it legitamately looked like less than 5 minutes. So need to restock before I tackle the spawner. Sigh.

What does this farm do? Also, I've been having problems with items despawning very quickly on me as well.

TheHaggis wrote:

i saw a really good tutorial on ethoslab for silverfish spawner storage thingy but i don't really see too much use for it. Maybe you could convert the ravine into something cool and make it public?

Why would we turn a private fortress... into a public fun house? Besides, it's just a double ravine. There's probably like quad ravines out there somewhere.

Shandrew82 wrote:

time for the expedition to find number 3!

Kaya, do we need another private fortress? Or should we let someone else claim it for themselves? big_smile

#10 3/27/12 9:26 AM

TheHaggis

oh sorry i didn't realise you had the fortress built above it fair enough :-)

#11 3/27/12 2:08 PM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator

Kurathedog wrote:

I am kind of out of glowstone for redstone lamps. Nether lag makes it impossible to go explore for any remnants that have not been harvested yet. Started to clear out the surrounding area, and have put all the blocks in a chest for you.
I also lost my Power IV infinity bow in the drop, so I won't be traveling as often (Ghasts), and need to start shipping all my blocks from my mountainside home to my island.
I mostly want to build it for fun, because I don't want to spend my little weekend freetime placing 16^4 (over 60,000) sandstone slabs for the base of my island. That is a spring break project. So I won't feel bad if you work on it too. (Side note, some single player testing etc. showed me a more consistent farm than etho's)

Yes, I saw ethos. And I plan on improving it.

It does four things.
1. XP farm without lag. Rather than lots of entities all collected in one place, the xp packets are stored as blocks, that conviniently turn killable once you punch one silverfish. Less lag.
2. Because I can
3. If silk touch ever gives silverfish blocks back.
4. Automatic silverfish-based mining.

-Robert J. Hanlon

#12 3/27/12 3:11 PM

Schematix United States
Avenger

Kura, I'll do it when I can big_smile The cobble platform didn't take me that long to do. Just like... 2 days... lol

#13 3/27/12 3:31 PM

gotkaya United States

schem i have a project for us, you gonna be on tonight?

if i'm not on, check my server i might be testing things there.

Last edited by gotkaya (3/27/12 3:46 PM)

#14 3/27/12 4:46 PM

Schematix United States
Avenger

Probably not, I'll ask my mum. Things might get worse for me if I do ask though... lol. I stayed home from school today because anything else my family gets (in terms of sickness) I also get because my immune system is suppressed. My little brother carries every sickness imaginable from his school to our house.

#15 3/27/12 5:14 PM

Schematix United States
Avenger

Yay, I'll be on for tonight! Got about 3-ish hours.

Board footer

Optimized for 1280x1024 @ 32 bit
Fueled by FluxBB
Top 20 Posts
Who's Online
Index Map
About Us