reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Guest Information

Reviewstash isn't just another technology review website - it's your review website! Registered members can submit reviews to be featured on the home page, participate in contests, and ask questions in the forums - register today to get started! Registration also removes interstitial ads.
Topic rating: 0

#1 3/27/12 9:19 AM

TheHaggis

I think your new city should be called Haggiscity since it is the best username on this server ;-). Seriously though i can understand building far away because you don't want to keep hitting into other peoples mines. I am sure we have all done it, i certainly have. After all one of the rules of minecraft servers are to build away from other people so that you do not annoy them. I will try not build any further from spawn as i realise the more unloaded chunks, the better.

I like the idea of having to get rid of an un-finished city because it is annoying to have half- finished places. It can really ruin servers. Who wants to go nearer to spawn to build :-). We could start some big projects as a community perhaps. As updates happen new amazing blocks come out and some of our older buildings start to look outdated, maybe redeisigning the streets? Im all for a new city though because i love to enocourage new builds. If everyone sticks to their own buildings we might not prosper from that, it discourages trading and people don't seem to talk to each other as much. I found out that once i started building in aurum i found it much more interesting seeing the landscape change around me as other people build.

My next build will be a clloud place hopefully. With the clouds in the same place on the map it allows you to build in level with the clouds. I have designed a cloud out of wool which is a basic design, i then plan to build on top of it. I would be happy if somone used this design. I would give some wool into the build and perhaps as a community the cloud itself will be built by all of us. It seems that many players boost materials and big builds so i think we could achieve amazing feats in a short amount of time if we work together rather than three people at a time putting effort into one build.

It might benefit us as we can also get to know each other a lot more. I don't know a large amount of people on the server so it would be nice to get to know everyone.

If not in the overworld dimension perhaps another project in the nether, or we could even build an enderman farm in the end. That would benefit everyone since we can all share the spawner at a time and we can get free unlimited ender pearls and xp. If we all arrange a time, a build, the biome and dimension it will exist on etc.... we could make something amazing on the server. Anyway going back to the new town shinanigans i think if there is worry about all of it the could set a policy so that new builds have to be nearer spawn if they are built by players weith heavy resources, however players lacking the resources couldbe granted fresh land to use? I don't know what you all think about but i would like to hear your thoughts. :-)

Last edited by TheHaggis (3/27/12 9:47 AM)

3/27/12 9:19 AM

Advertisement Bot

#2 3/27/12 9:33 AM

Hawkdude12 United Kingdom
Veteran
Note: Will be back in 1 to 1000 days

One word

Paragraphs.

Bored.

#3 3/27/12 9:46 AM

TheHaggis

Whats a paragraph? :-P

#4 3/27/12 12:36 PM

Shandrew82's Default Avatar
Shandrew82 United States
Champion
Award: Contributor Diamond 3

I thought we were all supposed to help build a spleef arena sad

http://i.imgur.com/4X8Bt5y.jpg

#5 3/27/12 12:42 PM

TheHaggis

im up for that :-)

#6 3/27/12 1:19 PM

Schematix United States
Avenger
Note: The Elusive Derpsloth

People don't agree with each other. I don't feel like quoting the same mega-text-monster 18 different times either. There's buildings that I honestly think look awful. There's 2 giant cobble buildings near spawn that are just that. Giant cobble buildings. They're poop. Every noob has his dreams of making his own mega castle or mega city and having everyone go there, but noobs suck, and they make crap castles and crap cities. Remember noob valley? Yup, my piece of noob crapiness. big_smile Hitting into other people's mines isn't a problem.

Some people don't like spleef. I for one, have never tried it, but I know Kaya is not a fan of spleef.

Building in other dimensions? I got plans on the overworld before I can do anything in the nether. I've made an enderman farm in The End. It's not a "real" enderman farm, but just a spot where tons of enderman spawn per minute, so many I can't kill them as fast as they spawn and despawn. I just stand there with a fancy sword farming ender pearls. I usually get 28 levels of exp and enchant a diamond helmet in the hopes of getting Resp IV and Aqua Affinity I one day. (They only have a 5% chance of occuring at level 28, and that's the highest chance out of any of the levels.) Oh yea, the end is bugged I think. Enderman don't spawn on the surface or the normal area they're suppose to spawn? They only spawn beneath the world, so I have to hang out on a cliff and just look at the enderman as they spawn quickly on a small floating island.

The server is too far gone to worry about getting rid of unfinished cities. Would be quite interesting if a large band of players picked everything up, and moved 8000 blocks away from spawn and "restarted" the server.

I don't know people cuz' I don't want to know people. :p Hawk, shush your face. :p I'm going to think of something else to type in 5 mins after I finish this, blegh.

Clouds are annoying.

Some places, like my island, are rare, therefore we must search for them. (Thx Guzzie, lol)

Moar contests, moar builds, moar rewards. SDM, you could get us all to make a spleef arena by giving a 10 diamond block reward for every person who works on it. You assign a reliable leader to the project, that is active enough to supervise it, and they determine if everyone is working on the project and who isn't.

Edit: No edits yet! :p

#7 3/27/12 1:50 PM

Veteran

I've moved of ranting at new cities though Schem. It would be nice to get that amount of players starting anew... I certainly wouldn't mind. But not many (I don't think) people would want to do that. This brings up the question again

-Server Upda--( Just don't even get started on that.)

Anyone up for starting anew? We could set a meeting place and time big_smile

Bored.

#8 3/27/12 1:50 PM

gotkaya United States

I'll start doing contests again if people will participate in them... sigh!

I don't mind heading up group projects, nor do I mind hosting competitions like pvp and spleef.  I'm not a huge fan of spleef, but that's only cause of the rebuild lol.

#9 3/27/12 1:55 PM

Veteran

Well, I've had this contest Idea....

Bored.

#10 3/27/12 1:58 PM

gotkaya United States

Hawkdude12 wrote:

Well, I've had this contest Idea....

that's a great idea... rollseyes

#11 3/27/12 2:02 PM

Veteran

Well would anyone like a contet. That's what I was hinting at. God, you are mean!

Bored.

#12 3/27/12 2:02 PM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator
Note: Time consumed by school.

Three quick things:

We currently have 3 very distinct arenas, all very near or already completed. Spleef isn't one of them, but spleef would either require constant resetting (snow golem snow farm) or cobble generators + efficiency picks.

World size. Be wary as you spread out. Server is already very large map related as it is.

Contests: Limited time, everyone living far apart. For me at least, I don't have time to travel to all the contest locations and focus on something else. Not saying it is a bad idea. Ships worked great. Problem is that motivation currently is low.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
-Robert J. Hanlon

#13 3/27/12 2:04 PM

Veteran

The growth of the server has ultimately become its downfall...

Bored.

#14 3/27/12 2:05 PM

Gummy Mexico
Veteran
Note: Drama Queen

Website

Red Magical Bananas with Cream!

#15 3/27/12 2:07 PM

Veteran

Well that killed the discussion mood. *Sarcastic Clap*