reviewstash

by the stash, for the stash

Guest Information

Reviewstash isn't just another technology review website - it's your review website! Registered members can submit reviews to be featured on the home page, participate in contests, and ask questions in the forums - register today to get started! Registration also removes interstitial ads.
Topic rating: 0

#91 4/10/12 9:04 AM

devourer09 United States
I messed up the blaze spawner for a few days but luckily Solo is a boss and fixed it up easily. There is a parallel blaze spawner that is close enough where a player could stand and have both spawners actively generating blazes. If there is a way to merge both the spawner's blazes into one collection area we could have a blaze farm that works twice as fast. This would almost be equivalent to a quadruple zombie/skelly/spider spawner in terms of XP.

The reason I initially messed it up was because I was having the same problem Azy was having with accessing the crusher button. I was going to move the button behind the barrier but I broke a repeater for a piston and then I got killed by the lava (and killed by Blazes when I was using fire res potion) and lost a bunch of my stuff and it went downhill from there. sad

Glad it's back to normal again and thanks again Solo. smile

4/10/12 9:04 AM

Advertisement Bot

#92 4/10/12 6:29 PM

Schematix United States
Avenger
Note: The Elusive Derpsloth

Do these designs use up the entire spawning area? I think I went inside Kura's onetime to fix a glitched piston and it was tiny in there. Also, it's never seemed that a blaze spawner is up to par with a double zombie/skele. Spiders are slower than zombie/skeles as well. (They like to get stuck on things)

#93 4/10/12 6:38 PM

Kurathedog United States
Non-Vanilla Moderator
Note: Time consumed by school.

My original blaze was the whole area.
Blaze drop twice as much XP as normal hostile mobs.
Downside 1 is particles = lag.
Downside 2 is because it is in the nether, no easy elevator or conveyor belt
Downside 3 no fall damage, they have to be crushed
Downside 3 is that pathfinding on them made it harder for them to fall down sometimes.

Main advantage is that they are in the nether if you want to work in there.

Double blaze spawners are really high efficiency if you can get it right. (The best one I saw used sethbling's cake conveyor belt).
In terms of overworld, skele, zombie, cave spider, spider in order of best to worst. Zombies have that annoying armor stuff I haven't looked into yet, and drop less valuable stuff (besides the rare drops). Spiders have pathfinding through walls.
Double skel/zomble are hard to find also, compared to cave.
Still need to test silverfish and generic (basic mob trap).

Enderman might also be the best, because the enviroment is already immune to mobs spawning in other places, and they spawn faster than from a spawner. 20 checks per second, rather than a check every 5-20 seconds (I think)

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
-Robert J. Hanlon

#94 4/13/12 11:09 AM

devourer09 United States
Schematix wrote:

Do these designs use up the entire spawning area? I think I went inside Kura's onetime to fix a glitched piston and it was tiny in there. Also, it's never seemed that a blaze spawner is up to par with a double zombie/skele. Spiders are slower than zombie/skeles as well. (They like to get stuck on things)

If you look up Ethos's (EthosLab) Blaze farm on YouTube it's the exact same basically for how the one on the server is built. I think the one that we have is based on or an exact copy of Ethos's design.

Here is a link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrtcJ4c_6oQ

Edit: Also, I'm working on setting up the second blaze spawner that is next to this original one and I'm going to use Ethos's design. After that I'll try and connect the 2 blaze spawners somehow (I'll probably look into that cake conveyor belt that Kura is talking about) to get a double blaze spawner going.

Last edited by devourer09 (4/13/12 11:12 AM)

Board footer

Optimized for 1280x1024 @ 32 bit
Fueled by FluxBB
Top 20 Posts
Who's Online
Index Map
About Us